Are you using an outside weather station? If so, which one?

Ok, sorry about that. Perhaps options 1 and 3 are still viable?

how’s does this work without api weathercompany binding.

What is your concern about getting an API key?

I got an API Key but what happens after it Expires

can I regenerate a new one?

that’s what I want to know

thanks again

To the best of my knowledge they don’t expire. However, they can be revoked due to abuse. I suppose they also can be revoked if you stop uploading to Weather Underground. But I don’t know if they actually enforce that.

I have set it up all working now

can I link this to Alexa or google

thanks

It depends. What are you trying to do?

I use the Chromecast and Voice RSS bindings to send TTS (text to speech) weather forecasts and weather alerts to my Google Home.

what I would like to do is

when you ask Alexa/google it says the weather from weather station.

from Oliver

Sorry, but I’m not quite sure how you would do that.

Maybe you should start a separate thread to get some ideas how to do it.

1 Like

okay will do

thanks for your help on this

from Oliver

1 Like

I use the Davis Vantage Pro2, with weewx. It’s a premium solution, as the Davis equipment is used professionally by farmers and meteorologists, but it’s very nicely built; my first one is 18 or 19 years old; I’ve replaced a few parts over time; Davis provides good support and parts. When we bought a second home, I outfitted it with another of the same unit & setup. Since there’s no built-in app, there’s no requirement for cloud access; I capture key stats via mqtt and publish them in OpenHab, and also push html charts to a public web site, so I have full access to the data remotely.

1 Like

Hi!
Has anyone used something like this?
https://www.froggit.de/product_info.php?info=p356_wh4000se-wifi-internet-funk-wetterstation---wunderground--ecowitt--pc-anbindung--auswertungssoftware.html

This seems to be another one of those generic ones, but I am not sure what options there are for integration with OH. If possible I would want something to avoid any clouds, but I wouldn’t mind having a separate console either.

For anyone stumbling upon this thread like me, I wanna share my experiences.

As WiFi frequencies are quite crowded at my place, I wanted to use lower frequencies. What’s more, as temperature, rain and wind sensors should be not mounted at the same place (height, exposing to sun, …), I wanted a system where these three parts are separated. I came upon the TFA devices and they work well and reliable for nearly a year now.

As a receiver, I use a RPi B V2 (512MB RAM) I had lying around with a DVB-T-USB-Dongle. It runs tfrec as a daemon to receive and interpret the packages. As the TFA devices are not that cheap, you may investigate on the project’s page (or by searching the web) which other brands sell these sensors or use the same protocol.
It hands the output to a python script which packs the data as JSON and sends it via MQTT.

Needles to say that I grab these data into OH afterwards. Did not manage yet to create useful rules with these or expand the network with other (cheap) sensors, e.g. to monitor temperature inside the fridge though. That’d be an interesting expansion.

Hey,
after long struggles with different PWS I want to share my new one I just got as I am very pleased with it :slight_smile:
You can use the Ecowitt (unofficial) binding … and you have the data flowing in seconds :smiley:
Hassle free :slight_smile:

The set consists of an:

• Outdoor sensor array with Wind, Temp, Rain, Humidity etc … Powered by a solarpanel and super condensator
  • a base station that can receive many many sensors
  • you can add lightning detections, leak sensors, additional indoor and outdoor temp and humidity sensor, soil moisture and many more
  • the integrated webserver from the base station can directly expose the data Openhab in the LAN and additionally upload the data to a selection of cloud services (free and optionally)

Thats how it looks when I unboxed it:

And added to OH:

1 Like