Assigning Wattage, Voltage etc. of a power plug to Alexa

Hi,
I tried to assign wattage, voltage, etc. to an Alexa item to request their value by voice commands…
I successfully missued the TemperatureSensor.temperature, but this is not a very smart solution as it assign the values to temperature in text as well as in category.
I also tried ModeController.mode, but failed.
Any hints?
Thanks Joerg

Can you provide more details such as the item definition you want to expose to Alexa? I assume you just want to request for the item state?

Thanks Jeremy,
sure. Below an example for my microwave:

Switch EG_Kueche_Mikrowelle_Command “Mikrowelle” (gEG_Kueche_Mikrowelle)
{mqtt=“>[mosquitto:Haus/OT/WL_SP1_02/cmnd/POWER1:command:ON:1],>[mosquitto:Haus/OT/WL_SP1_02/cmnd/POWER1:command:OFF:0],<[mosquitto:Haus/OT/WL_SP1_02/tele/STATE:state:JSONPATH($.POWER1)]”,
alexa=“PowerController.powerState”}
String EG_Kueche_Mikrowelle_State “Status Mikrowelle [%s]” {mqtt=“<[mosquitto:Haus/OT/WL_SP1_02/tele/STATE:state:JSONPATH($.POWER1)]”}
Number EG_Kueche_Mikrowelle_Power “Verbrauch Mikrowelle [%.1f W]” (gEG_Kueche_Mikrowelle,gOT_Chart_Energy) {mqtt=“<[mosquitto:Haus/OT/WL_SP1_02/tele/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.ENERGY.Power)]”}
Number EG_Kueche_Mikrowelle_Total “Gesamtverbrauch [%.3f kWh]” (gEG_Kueche_Mikrowelle) {mqtt=“<[mosquitto:Haus/OT/WL_SP1_02/tele/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.ENERGY.Total)]”}

Thanks. Please make sure to use code fences. Also, can you include the group definition for gEG_Kueche_Mikrowelle and also the state mapping for EG_Kueche_Mikrowelle_State?

Sorry for the late answer. I was on vacation.
had to figure out, how fencing works, as the edit icons for code fencing are not visible in my pane.
I just saw the description when hovering over the empty pane.
I now managed to get the items by utilizing.
{alexa="RangeController.rangeValue....}
Thanks Joerg

Awesome. Would you be able to share your item definition so that others with the same question have an example to work with? Thanks

1 Like

Hi,
here’s one example

Number          KG_Heizungsraum_Strom_Verbrauch         "Stromverbrauch aktuell [%.0f W]"                           <stromverbrauch_02>     (gKG_Heizungsraum_Strom, gPower,gOT_Chart_Energy)
                                                        {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [nonControllable=true, supportedRange="0:5000:1"]}
N

Regards Joerg