Asterisk Binding not up to date

Hi everybody,

has anybody skills and wills to improve the Asterisk Binding to work with the official stable Version of asterisk (13.7)?

Asterisk 13.7. has AMI 2.8.0 as Management Interface, which is not supported by the binding.

Unfortunately the Developer of the binding seems to be busy, and even worse, I don’t have any skills to rewrite this binding by myself. :worried:

same here, I need too…

I’ll join this.
Just installed the latest version of Asterisk NOW, which is FreePBX 12.0.76.3
And when i try to add it to openhab.cfg, I’m getting:

[WARN ] [internal.ManagerConnectionImpl] - Unsupported protocol version ‘Asterisk Call Manager/1.3’. Use at your own risk.
[ERROR] [o.b.a.internal.AsteriskBinding] - authentication failed, please verify username and password
[ERROR] [o.b.a.internal.AsteriskBinding] - registering for status update throws exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Actions may only be sent when in state CONNECTED, but connection is in state DISCONNECTED

I’m pretty sure that my admin account and password are correct.
Any idea how to solve this? :blush:

Hi,

by default external connection to AMI are not allowed.
If you are not using 127.0.0.1 as address try commenting the following lines in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

If it works with this changes then you can modify to allow only openhab server to connect.

bye

Thanks!

For the moment, it seems to connect. Just throwing me a warning about a unsupported protocol (Asterisk Call Manager/1.3), but no more errors.

I’ve just added an extra line in the manager.conf:
permit x.x.x.x/255.255.255.255
(where x is the IP-adress of my openhab server)

I’ll try to find some examples and do some tests in the upcoming days to see how far I can use this. I want for example to ring my phones if some hits my doorbell (knx switch).

With OpenHAB 1.8.3 and Asterisk 13.7.2 I get the “unsupported protocol version” and no functionality.

Unsupported protocol version 'Asterisk Call Manager/2.8.0'. Use at your own risk.

I suspect that the OpenHAB Asterisk binding is using an outdated asterisk-java library.

I see release-1.1 (but might still be beta) of asterisk-java at:

In the OpenHAB Asterisk binding I see asterisk-java-1.0.0: