Astro binding - events when azimut is 0 and when is 180 [SOLVED]

Hello everybody,
I’m trying to create a rule that switch off the outdoor lights when it is the middle of the night (azimuth of the Sun is 0).
I have other rules those switch the same lights on when the Sunset event (item in items file: Switch Sunset_Event {astro="planet=sun, type=set, property=end}) is triggered or switch the same lights off when the Sunrise event (item in items file: Switch Sunrise_Event {astro="planet=sun, type=set, property=start}) is triggered, and they work well.
Do you know if it exist the possibility to create an item that switches ON and then OFF when the Sun is exactly at the opposite side of the World (azimuth=0)? And, if it exist I think it could be easily added another similar item that switches ON and then OFF when the Sun is exactly in the South direction (azimuth=180), so it could be possible to trigger events that start right in the middle of the light time of the day.
Thank you all.

According to the wiki page the 1.x binding dies not support this. The 2.0 binding right now doesn’t support events at all so I think you are out of luck.

OK, I kept on searching for a solution and finally a find one, it’s not completely exact but it’s good for my actual purposes:

• setting a switch item (with planet=sun, type=noon, property=start or end), will be scheduled an event that will update the item to ON at the time the sun azimut will be 180, immediately followed by an OFF update;
  • setting a switch item (with planet=sun, type=noon, property=start or end, offset=-720), will be scheduled an event that will update the item to ON at the time the sun azimut will be 0, immediately followed by an OFF update.

Because I’m still new with the Openhab system I think this is a solution that will work for me, I guess in the next months I’ll try to upgrade to Openahb 2 ad so, if events will be not used, I’ll have to understand how to trigger a rule without including events.

Right now the most common recommendation is to use the 1.9 SNAPSHOT version of the Astro Binding until such time that the changes to the core are made which will replace this capability of the older Astro binding.