[Astro Binding]: Queue full

Hi,

i discovered the following errors this night:

2017-07-06 00:00:00.054 [ERROR] [thome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job] - Queue full
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full
	at java.util.AbstractQueue.add(AbstractQueue.java:98)[:1.8.0_131]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.addJobToQueue(AstroThingHandler.java:314)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job.schedule(Job.java:58)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job.scheduleSunPhase(Job.java:156)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.DailyJobSun.run(DailyJobSun.java:89)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]
2017-07-06 00:00:00.056 [ERROR] [thome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job] - Queue full
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue full
	at java.util.AbstractQueue.add(AbstractQueue.java:98)[:1.8.0_131]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.handler.AstroThingHandler.addJobToQueue(AstroThingHandler.java:314)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job.schedule(Job.java:58)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.Job.scheduleSunPhase(Job.java:156)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro.internal.job.DailyJobSun.run(DailyJobSun.java:90)[188:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro:0.9.0.b5]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_131]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]

Does anybody have an idea, what that means?

Thanks and regards,
Stef

1 Like

which release of OH2 are you running?

2.1 stable

astro 0.9.0.b5

You may have to update your Astro binding to the latest snapshot… (and stay on 2.1 stable core)
(or switch from stable 2.1 to snapshot 2.2 which includes the latest Astro binding)

I use snapshot releases for the core (+bindings) and they are pretty reliable.

Latest versions at the time of this post:
OH 2.2.0 Snapshot Build #980
org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro Build #0.9.0.201706270841

No issues with them (so far :slight_smile:)

okay thank you and sorry i was too lazy to search for this error (other thread) :S

Already the second user with this strange configuration:

Yeah… I saw the b5 and I was puzzled…
I will deploy a clean OH 2.1 stable with Astro to see what version is being reported…

1 Like

well… that’s what a clean OH 2.1 stable release reports when installing the Astro 2.1 binding from PaperUI:

(openHAB2 console):

openhab> list -s |grep -i astro
207 | Active   |  80 | 0.9.0.b5               | Astro Binding                                          | org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro

Accessing remote repos for the bindings (not using the offline addons)

Upps …
The question now is:
is that only a wrong visual indication or is the wrong old binding installed?
I don’t have a test system at the moment and I’m using the manual install, so can’t help …

first investigation shows (from a new OH 2.1 stable on Windows with Astro binding installed from PaperUI):

C:\openHAB2\userdata\tmp\mvn\org\eclipse\smarthome\binding\org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro\0.9.0.b5

org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro-0.9.0.b5.jar

file size: 91.557 bytes

#Generated by Maven
#Tue Jun 27 11:19:54 CEST 2017
version=0.9.0.b5

so… it looks ok (it seems so)
I think that b5 is ok. It looks like it refers to the 0.9.0 ESH versioning (no connection to OH2 beta 5)

On my linux system running OH 2.2.0 snapshot:

/var/lib/openhab2/tmp/mvn/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro/0.9.0-SNAPSHOT/

org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

file size: 91.581 bytes

#Generated by Maven
#Tue Jun 27 04:49:43 EDT 2017
version=0.9.0-SNAPSHOT

Right, the astro binding was moved from OH2 to ESH recently, so the version makes sense.

Nevertheless, the “Queue full” sounds puzzling. I saw that with some initial versions, but not (yet) with the fixes that made it into the b5 build.

@spy0r would you please create an issue in https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome with the stacktrace? We then can track it there.

Any help on finding out what needs to be done in order to reproduce it is appreciated, of course!

i will, if you tell me what a stacktrace is :smiley:

Ah, sorry :rofl:! I just meant the excerpt from the logfile that you already pasted here in your initial post.

The gibberish with all the lines starting with “at” is what in Java is called a stacktrace - it tells us which places in the code it ran through when the error happened.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
I am experiencing the same error now and triggers are not firing cause of it.
Has this been fixed in the OH2.1 stable version? How do I update?

No, i reported these errors in the 2.1 stable release. (Sorry for not noting it).

Log into the karaf konsole and restart the astro binding, that will solve it for some days, or weeks?

Same error here on OH 2.1 stable release. For what it’s worth, I’ve upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1.

For those of you unfamiliar with the commands, you can restart the bundle by first “START ID” number using the bundle:list command. Then, use that number to stop and start the astro bundle using the bundle:stop and bundle:start commands, respectively.

Maybe a dumb question, but is it still possible in OH2 (as it was with OH1) to just to exchange the JAR file of the astro binding to update this particular binding to the most recent one, without upgrading the entire OH2.1 system to an unstable release?

@Zaphood1967

Yes, you can do that, but… The last ESH stable release was June 26, which does not include the astro binding fix (the astro binding recently was moved from the OH2 addons code base to the ESH code base). Therefore, I don’t think the fix for this bug will be available in a snapshot (unstable) OH2 build until @Kai builds the next ESH stable release.

Sorry again for my lack of knowledge, but what does ESH stand for please?
Does this mean, that there is no chance to have a workaround to update the Astrobinding to a working version until Kai releases this ESH? (I am guessing ESH is the stable release ?)