Astro - some items in state UNDEF

Hi,

I’m on OH 2.1 right now and found an issues with the astro binding:

185 | Active   |  80 | 0.9.0.b5               | Astro Binding

I have defined the things via PaperUI (and i’m using simple mode for item linking):

astro:sun:local (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Local Sun, Bridge=null)
astro:moon:local (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Local Moon, Bridge=null)

And with that setup most of the items just work. But some of them get no update at all and stay with the status UNDEF:

astro_sun_local_night_start (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=Start time, Category=null)
astro_sun_local_night_end (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=End time, Category=null)
astro_sun_local_morningNight_end (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=End time, Category=null)
astro_sun_local_astroDawn_start (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=Start time, Category=null)
astro_sun_local_astroDusk_end (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=End time, Category=null)
astro_sun_local_eveningNight_start (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=Start time, Category=null)
astro_sun_local_eveningNight_end (Type=DateTimeItem, State=UNDEF, Label=End time, Category=null)

Has anyone seen something similar and know a solution for this?

Never seen a version marked “b5”.
Are you sure you are using a recent version?

Snapshot version normally use something like

186 | Active | 80 | 0.9.0.201706270841 | Astro Binding

Hm, actually I thought I’m on the stable release of OH 2.1, but:

# dpkg -l openhab*
ii  openhab2                     2.1.0-1
ii  openhab2-addons              2.1.0-1
rc  openhab2-offline             2.0.0~b5
rc  openhab2-online              2.0.0~b5

However, the binding seems to have the right version 0.9.0.b5:

# find /var/lib/openhab2/* -name "*astro*"
/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.1.0/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro
/var/lib/openhab2/kar/openhab-addons-2.1.0/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro/0.9.0.b5/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.astro-0.9.0.b5.jar

It looks like you have both openhab 2.1.0-1 and the Beta 5 version of OH 2.0 installed. Somehow it looks like it is grabbing the binding from the Beta 5 instead of the 2.1.

At this point, I would say that your install is in a very inconsistent state. I would backup my configs and such, uninstall everything and reinstall just the 2.1 release and, if you want offline installation of the addons, install the release of the addons as well.

something is strange…

You are right, see also:

Still you have a mix of openHAB2 beta 5 and openHAB 2.1 release version, though.