I came across something that gave me a headache and wanted to share my fix in case it helps someone else. I didn’t see anything in the Community nor the Astro binding documentation.
I noticed this morning that my Astro data was stale and that none of my Astro events were firing in rules. My Astro data was stale for 15 days. Astro DateTime vars were showing Feb 13 and today is Feb 28. I missed the problem for a while!
I was playing around with many things but it turned out that the fix required a change to the things file. My elevation was a float type instead of an integer.
$ cat /etc/openhab2/things/astro.things Thing astro:sun:home [ geolocation="<Obfuscated>,<Obfuscated>,128.5", interval=1200 ] Thing astro:moon:home [ geolocation="<Obfuscated>,<Obfuscated>,128.5", interval=1200 ]
$ cat /etc/openhab2/things/astro.things // WARNING: Altitude must be integer - Using a float causes problems Thing astro:sun:home [ geolocation="<Obfuscated>,<Obfuscated>,128", interval=1200 ] Thing astro:moon:home [ geolocation="<Obfuscated>,<Obfuscated>,128", interval=1200 ]
Note the altitude change from 128.5 to 128. After changing that, saving the things file, and restarting openHAB, the Astro data updated as expected. I’ve had it this way for a long time so I’m guessing something came through on the 12th or 13th of Feb that introduced this behavior. One would assume that all fields can be floats.
My Astro binding version is 2.5.2 as is my openHAB version. I’m running raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 4. All of my regional settings and timezone were set properly according to PaperUI.
Unfortunately, I only retain logs for 10 days (using
logrotate daily) so I don’t know what happened on the 13th.