Astrobinding doesn't pull any data

Hi *,

I’m currently struggling with my astrobinding.

I got the latest add-on via

sudo apt-get install openhab-addon-binding-astro

I changed the config-file to the Eiffel-Tower in Paris

astro:latitude=48.858370
astro:longitude=2.294481

In my sitemap I got a new frame:

Frame label="Astro"{
    Group item=gAstro	label="Astro" icon="moon"
    }

Which of course was mentioned in my items-file:

Group gAstro    (All)
/* Astro */
DateTime	Sonnenaufgang_Time						"Sonnenaufgang [%1$tH:%1$tM]"					<sunrise>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=sun, type=rise, property=start, offset=-30" }
DateTime	Sonnenuntergang_Time					"Sonnenuntergang [%1$tH:%1$tM]"					<sunset>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=sun, type=set, property=end, offset=120" }
String		Sternzeichen							"Sternzeichen [MAP(Tierkreiszeichen.map):%s]"	<colorwheel>	(gAstro)		{astro="planet=sun, type=zodiac, property=sign" }
String		Jahreszeit								"Jahreszeit [MAP(Jahreszeit.map):%s]"			<season>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=sun, type=season, property=name" }
DateTime 	Mondaufgang_Time   						"Mondaufgang [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"  	<moonrise>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=moon, type=rise, property=start"}
DateTime 	Monduntergang_Time    					"Monduntergang [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]" <moonset>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=moon, type=set, property=end"}
Number   	Moon_Distance_K    						"Entfernung zum Mond [%.2f km]"    				<rocket>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=moon, type=distance, property=kilometer"}
String		Mondphase								"Mondphase [MAP(Mond.map):%s]"					<moonph>		(gAstro)		{astro="planet=moon, type=phase, property=name" }
DateTime  	Moon_Full          						"Vollmond [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"     	<fmoon>			(gAstro)		{astro="planet=moon, type=phase, property=full"}

Did I forget anything? When checking openhab I just see my Items but I don’t get any values

See click me

Any ideas?

I guess you use OH2? If so, then you have to create a astro-thing and link the channel to your item

Hey Alexander,

you I’m using OH2. Can you explain a little bit more or share any link regarding this topic? I’m not sure what you mean neither do I know what to do, but I’m willing to google it myself :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Take a look here:
https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.astro#full-example

First create the thing, then look for the property / channel and link it to the item, like described in the link above. Or, try PaperUI to do the same task, i liked the GUI way better

Yeah, but isn’t this that thing in my item-definition (pls scroll to the max right)?

DateTime	Sonnenaufgang_Time	...	{astro="planet=sun, type=rise, property=start, offset=-30" }

I’m defining this item to thing “sun” and getting the information “rise” “start”?

See this link

No, it isn´t. You call a binding, like 1.x style but you have to call the channel like this:
Number Azimuth “Azimuth” { channel=“astro:sun:home:position#azimuth” }
Pasted from my previous link…