Authentication and Access Control

Hi everyone,

I know that openHAB does not provide Authentication and Access Control, but it looks like there is some user management in the Main UI.

I need to add an admin user, but that’s it. Do I get it right that it’s not possible to add additional admin (or regular) users?

Don’t get me wrong, but this authentication seems to be half-baked. My assumption is that the admin user is the first step towards an improved user management. Do I get this right? Is there a roadmap how this is going to be improved?

Cheers
Oliver

You can go to the karaf console. There is are following possibilities:

Usage: openhab:users list - lists all users
Usage: openhab:users add <userId> <password> <role> - adds a new user with the specified role
Usage: openhab:users remove <userId> - removes the given user
Usage: openhab:users changePassword <userId> <newPassword> - changes the password of a user
Usage: openhab:users listApiTokens - lists the API tokens for all users
Usage: openhab:users addApiToken <userId> <tokenName> <scope> - adds a new API token on behalf of the specified user for the specified scope
Usage: openhab:users rmApiToken <userId> <tokenName> - removes (revokes) the specified API token
Usage: openhab:users clearSessions <userId> - clear the refresh tokens associated with the user (will sign the user out of all sessions)
2 Likes

Thanks a lot. I was not aware of this possibility. The allowed roles are “admin” and “user”?

Nevertheless, this confirms my assumption that the user management is not mature.

Again, I know that openHAB don’t claim to have a mature user management. I just would like to know if there are ideas in the pipeline like custom roles for controlling actions and so on.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.