Auto reload textual files in OH3?

Finally I migrated from OH 2.5.12 to OH 3.1, after a few quirks all seem to work fine.
I decided to stick with the textual files since this works fine for me.

Only problem is that when I make a change to an (example) items file, this is not automatically reloaded in OH3, is this by design? I don’t want to restart OH3 every time I make a change in a rules/item/xxx file, any help greatly appreciated!

-ben

No. If you do specifically mean Items files then it sounds like there’s an issue with your installation.

However, if you mean only Things files then OH sometimes has issues reloading one of these after editing. You can restart openHAB, reload the relevant binding in the Karaf console, or I do this.

1 Like

Hi,

I know about Things files reload issue but in this case it is about Items and Rules files.
After saving an changed Items file, I watch the log file but it is not mentioned it has been reloaded (while this was the case in OH2).

-ben

Sounds like an issue with your specific installation. Make sure you’re editing the correct files (OH3 folders no longer have the version number in them), and that there’s no permissions issues.

I’m exclusively using configuration files, and have had zero issues with Items and Rules files.

Hi,

You solved my problem: I was sharing the /etc/openhab2 folder to edit the files …
After changing it to /etc/openhab it works without problems!

Thanks !

-ben