Automating Somfy blinds with Pi-somfy

Hi guys,

This week I was able to successfully control my Somfy blinds using Pi-Somfy and now I would like to integrate it into my OpenHAB.

I wonder if anyone has already done something like this or has any input on what’s the best way to do it.

As it seems I have two options: the Exec binding or the MQTT approach.

I can find examples of the MQTT approach for Home assistant on google, but not for OpenHAB.

Any suggestions or examples?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

I manage to get it working seamlessly via MQTT and I’m very happy with the result. I will try to write a “tutorial” as an example for others interested.

Hi,

we are going to use a Shelly device for that.

OH also has a Shelly binding out of the box.

Dear Gustavo,

I would like integrate two awnings with Somfy RTS motors in them into my OpenHab 3 setup running on an Raspberry Pi 4. I came across the Pi-Somfy project and then found your post here.

I would be very interested, if you could write a small tutorial on what steps you had to take to make Pi-Somfy work with OpenHab. Just the part for making MQTT work, should be enough (and perhaps even only pointing to any non-obvious things) …
I realize that this post is quite old, but if perhaps you still have it documented somewhere, that would really great! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you and best regards,
Michael