AVM FRITZ! Binding FRITZ!Box

Hi all,

I do have some trouble to get the Fritz!Box binding to work properly and I was wondering whether you might have some clues as to what might be going wrong. Probably something silly, but I can’t seem to find it.
The ‘Thing’ works fine:
But when I configure the items in my sitemap, they never show any information, only a ‘-’:

The configuration of the items is as follows:

String  fboxName            "FBox Model [%s]"           {fritzboxtr064="modelName"}
String  fboxManufacturer    "FBox Manufacturer [%s]"    {fritzboxtr064="manufacturerName"}
String  fboxSerial          "FBox Serial [%s]"          {fritzboxtr064="serialNumber"}
String  fboxVersion         "FBox Version [%s]"         {fritzboxtr064="softwareVersion"}

That for the sitemap:

Frame {
                Text label="General" icon="network" {
                        Text item=fboxName
                        Text item=fboxSerial
                        Text item=fboxWanIP
                }
        }

Any hints?

Thanks!
Stijn

what does the log say?

Please check your Items. Your screenshot shows a Thing, so you are running the OH2.x Binding, but your Items are configured as OH1.x Items.

@hmerk
I’m not quite sure if you are right. I’ve done the same and it is working.

Thing config via PaperUI and items as Stijn_Verstichel has done it.

@Stijn_Verstichel Stijn_Verstichel
It is interesting, if there is anything in the eventlog.

In that case, I would be interested to see your Items config.

Two Fritzbox bindings exist, one of them is a 2.x, the other is a 1.x.

The thing shown belongs to the 2.x binding (avmfritz), while the items are configured for the 1.x binding (fritztr064).

Since both bindings have different features, please decide which one you want to use first.

I use the 2.x bindign.

Thing is configured in PaperUI. Items configured in items-file:

Switch  fboxRinging                     "Phone ringing [%s]"                                {fritzboxtr064="callmonitor_ringing" }
Switch  fboxRinging_Out                 "Phone ringing [%s]"                                {fritzboxtr064="callmonitor_outgoing" }
Call    fboxIncomingCall                "Incoming call: [%1$s to %2$s]"                     {fritzboxtr064="callmonitor_ringing" }
Call    fboxOutgoingCall                "Outgoing call: [%1$s to %2$s]"                     {fritzboxtr064="callmonitor_outgoing" }

You are still mixing two different bindings:
https://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/fritzboxtr0641/readme.html
and
https://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/avmfritz/readme.html

If you want to use the Call-features you have to use Fritzbox Binding (using TR064 protocol) throughout (which means you have to follow the configuration guide mentioned in the docs and configure the services/fritzboxtr064.cfg file).

beginners question: where exactly do you see that one binding is made for 2.x and the other for 1.x?

EDIT: Found a version tag in paper UI (binding menu). Is this the only place? Shouldn’t it be mentioned in the docs?

Starting to read the docs in Here probably helps.

thx. isn’t it a bit strange that the required version information is only shown in the bindings overview? well, anyway. thanks for your help.

Hi all,
Thanks for all the feedback. I was not aware of the fact that not all functionality was ported from the 1 to the 2 binding.
Time for some further experimenting :wink:
Stijn