AVMFRITZ Binding inluding Comet DECT

Hi there,

I am trying to set up OHA 2 instance with AVMFRITZ Binding inluding Comet DECT. Unfortunately, Comet DECT support does not seem to be part of Snapshot builds yet. Therefore, I built it from here: https://github.com/cweitkamp/openhab2-addons/tree/AVMFritzComet and put it in addons directory. Then, OHA sees all my Comet DECT in Inbox, but in Things menu, it does not show any things manually configured in files inside things folder. Before, I had an older build, which showed my manually configured things, but all my sitemaps containing them were not loaded - neither in BasicUI nor in Android app.

Can anybody please provide me a fully functional version of org.openhab.binding.avmfritz-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?

Hi queen-shit,

you can find a fully functional .jar file of my version here. If that doesn’t work for you please post an extract of your *.thing file and *.item file with the manually configured things for your devices. I try to help.

Hi SnakeEater,

can I use it in stable repository installation? And when yes, how?

Hi, I have already succeeded in getting my self-configured things shown in Things list by deleting all Comet Dect relating entries from my configs and reinserting. Only problem left is that sitemaps containing Comet Dect elements are not still loaded.

//Edit
Please find my file entries for Comet DECT here:

//Things
Bridge avmfritz:fritzbox:1 "Fritze" [ ipAddress="192.168.178.1", password ="xxx", user="xxx" ] {
        Comet_DECT 119762145687 "Schlafzimmer" @ "Loghome" [ ain="119762145687" ]
}

//Items
Number Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_Temp "Temperatur [%.1f °C]" { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:119762145687:temperature" }
Number Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_SetTemp "Temperatur setzen auf [%.1f °C]" { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:119762145687:set_temp" }
Switch Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_Battery "Battery low" { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:119762145687:battery_low" 

//Frame for Comet DECT in sitemap
Frame "Schlafzimmer" {
	Text item=Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_Temp icon="temperature"
        Setpoint item=Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_SetTemp minValue=8.0 maxValue=28.0 step=0.5 icon="temperature"
        Switch item=Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_Battery icon="battery"
}

Maybe, you have any idea, @SnakeEater, how to get my sitemaps loaded again?

Hi @amsd,

for this case, I am able to help you, too: I have already had it installed in stable version of OHA 2. You only need to put in into the addons-Folder of your OHA-2-installation. Be aware of right user and group for the .jar package - should be your OHA user and group. If the repository version is NOT installed, the one in the addons folder will automatically become installed. So you need to uninstall repository version first. Then restart OHA service and it should run.

Hi queen-shit,

I am happy to hear. I think there is a syntax error in your items file. The following item misses a closing bracket “}” at the end of the line. Maybe you can check that out.

Switch Schlafzimmer_Thermostat_Battery "Battery low" { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:119762145687:battery_low" 

Sorry, this was a copy and paste error out of my items file to here. In my config, the closing bracket is definitely there…

Maybe, I need tags like <heating> or <batterylow> in my items? I found some examples containing such tags, but dunno if they are obligatory or not… In every case, when changing sitemap of BasicUI to the one containing Comet DECT, they are shown in Control-Menu of PaperUI, but when opening BasicUI, it only shows different sitemaps of my sitemaps directory to select from, but the sitemap containing Comet DECT is not selectable there, although it is also in sitemaps directory.

Hi queen-shit,

the <heating> or <batterylow> tags in an item configuration are optional. They define an icon for the item (see here). Configuration of sitemaps and using UIs are not my speciality. I suppose I can’t help you anymore at this point. Sry.

All Comet DECT things and items are shown in PaperUI - in Control overview, too… But all my self-defined sitemaps containing Comet DECT are not loaded. Could anybody provide me a working sitemap example?