Avmfritz: Power is not shown

Hi,
I’m running openHAB 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT build #743 with the avmfritz-Binding. I’ve added my FritzBox and a Fritz DECT 200 via the Paper UI. Now, I’d like to switch the power outlet and visualize the current power.

items-file:

Switch Steckdose_Keller "Steckdose" <poweroutlet> { channel="avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_178_1:0xxxxxx00664:outlet"}
String Steckdose_Keller_Power "Aktuelle Leistung [%.0f W]" <poweroutlet> { channel="avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_178_1:0xxxxxx00664:power"}

sitemap:

Frame label="Keller" {
      Switch item=Steckdose_Keller
      Text item=Steckdose_Keller_Power
}

I can switch the outlet on and off and -vice versa- the status of the outlet is visualized in the basic UI. But the power is not visualized:

In the control page of the paper UI the value is shown:
[I am not allowed to upload a second picture]

Has anybody some hints how it is possible to show the correct power values?

Hi there,

your item for reading the current power consumption should have the item type Number (see section Channels). The sitemap is correct.

Number Steckdose_Keller_Power "Aktuelle Leistung [%.2f W]" <poweroutlet> { channel=" avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_168_178_1:0xxxxxx00664:power" }

I will add demo items and sitemap entries for power and energy channels to the documentation.

Thanks. That has solved the problem. I don’t understand the differences between the item types string and number. In my example the item Steckdose_Keller_Power is not a pure number (because of the W-sign attached to the power), so I thought the item had to be a string…

No problem. Happy to hear. I had those understanding problems in the beginnig too.