Bacnet binding and how to configure the .cfg file

Dear friends hello
I downloaded from github a backnet addon and put it in the add on folder. But I don’t know how to configure the .cfg file. Has anyone ever used this addon?? I want it so I could read the data from a schneider electric server . Because it is not an official addon you think that it would be easy or should I find another way and if you know anyone.
Thanks in advance
Papadimitriou NIkolaos

If the information in the README.md is not enough for you to use it you will need to contact the author of the binding. We have no insight into unofficial bindings.

I have a need for this binding too can someone pick this back up or fork it.

Hi
I finally made it to read values.
As it comes to the .cfg file you only have to give the ip that means something like this.

############################### Bacnet Binding################ #######################################
#Refresh interval in milliseconds (optional, defaults to 60000ms)
bacnet:refresh=60000

#Set the bacnet network address
bacnet:hostname=

But also you have to put the new bacnet items in the .items file. The readme file that is on the github is wrong

example item
Switch reflectors_west_2 "Reflectors West Center" <reflector> (Reflector) {bacnet="701105:5:3"}

-deviceID–>701105
-objectType–>5
-objectID–>3

• deviceID is the instance ID (integer) of the device as configured on your local network (it is not the IP address of the device)
  • objectType is one of the following:
  • analogInput = 0
  • analogOutput = 1
  • analogValue = 2
  • binaryInput = 3
  • binaryOutput = 4
  • binaryValue = 5
  • objectIDis the instance ID (integer) of the object you want to tie to this openHAB item

I found how to configure the .items here

when setting bacnet hostname you are setting the ip address of the device to be controlled with no port number?
I did notice when the bacnet binding starts it sends a broadcast to discover bacnet nodes on the network.

######################### Bacnet Binding################

bacnet:refresh=60000

bacnet:hostname=192.168.71.166

Sorry for taking so long time to answer . I didn’t use any port number.I used Yabe to find the devices without giving any parameter in the port. So I did the same thing in the .cfg file. Important: Bacnet demands to be in the same subnetwork to read the values. By that I mean that if you have installed bacnet on a cloud VM it may not be so easy to read the values, unless your VM has an ip like 192.168.71.XXX

I have got the binding to work as well. but I have need for a different objectType as well to complete the integration.

19 : Object Multi State Value

Whan the BACNET binding starts up it sends out a broadcast looking for devices all the devices that the OpenHAB device is going to control needs to be on the same subnet for thewm to work.
This is what I did to get BACNET set up, it looks like this

.CFG file

######################### Bacnet Binding################

bacnet:refresh=10000

bacnet:hostname=54321

.ITEMS file

Group Assembly (All)
Group Shipping (All)
//Switch Pole_Light1 "Parking Light Pole Light"  (Autani) {bacnet="12345:3:592"}
Number Shipping_Temp1 "Shipping Temp [%.1f °F]" <temperature> (Autani,Temperature,Shipping,Building_Temp) {bacnet="12345:0:752"}
Dimmer Light_Assembly_Supervisor_Dim "Assembly Supervisor Dimming" (Autani,Lights,Assembly) {bacnet="12345:2:871"}
Switch Light_Assembly_Supervisor "Assembly Supervisor" (Autani,Lights,Assembly) {bacnet="12345:3:864"}
Switch Light_Assembly_Highbay1 "High Bay Lights"  (Autani,Lights,Assembly) {bacnet="12345:3:704"}
Switch Light_Assembly_Overhead2 "Overhead Line-A" (Autani,Lights,Assembly) {bacnet="12345:3:592"}
Switch Light_Assembly_Overhead1 "Overhead Line-B" (Autani,Lights,Assembly) {bacnet="12345:3:624"}
Dimmer Shipping_Fan1 "Shipping Fan Speed [%%d]" <fan>	(Autani,Fan,Shipping) {bacnet="12345:2:823"}

Is anyone using bacnet on OH 2?

I want to use it but I am in the process of upgrading to OH 2 and don’t know if bacnet will work and how to configure it in OH 2. Any help or suggestions would be useful.

Thanks Mike

Sorry for late reply, I use OH1 binding I rewrote from scratch with OH2. I just updated to OH 2.1 and made binding compatible as well.