Balboa Binding

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. My install is on Ubuntu and it was not migrated, it was a clean new install. My addons are in /usr/share/openhab/addons When I drop the file in that folder I get this error message in the logs

2021-10-13 10:12:08.239 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.balboa-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.balboa [294]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

That’s why I was trying to restart my OH instance to see if it can resolve this error.

Not sure what else to try here.

Regards,
Walter

something is missing, which is a prerequisite for the balboa-Binding. On what exact version did you try it? Seems, OH3 changed something regarding measurement units (temperature here I guess?) and the error seems to be connected to this.

I’m running 3.1.0 - Release Build (on openHABian), and it works just fine…

I’m running OH3 stable
OpenHAB:$ openhab-cli info

Version: 3.1.0 (Build)

User: openhab (Active Process 20501)
User Groups: openhab tty dialout audio

Directories: Folder Name | Path | User:Group
----------- | ---- | ----------
OPENHAB_HOME | /usr/share/openhab | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_RUNTIME | /usr/share/openhab/runtime | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_USERDATA | /var/lib/openhab | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_CONF | /etc/openhab | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_LOGDIR | /var/log/openhab | openhab:openhab
OPENHAB_BACKUPS | /var/lib/openhab/backups | openhab:openhab

I have tried this binding version
https://github.com/ddempsey3/openhab-addons/releases/download/balboa-beta2-o3/org.openhab.binding.balboa-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Also have tried this one

Did you clear the cache.

What error do you get when using the binding I updated?

I did try clearing the cache and tmp directory but have same result with ver 3.1

If I use ver 3.2 jar file I have zero log messages no (INFO WARN or ERROR). It’s like it’s not even registering… I’ve also checked via openhab cli and webui to see if it shows up but still nothing.

Runnin out of ideas what to try next. Is anyone here running this binding on OH stable 3.1?

jepp. As I said before - running smoothly with my setup:

• Raspberry PI 4 (4 GB)
  • openHABian v1.6.6.
  • openHAB 3.1-stable

I dropped the JAR from clinophobic in the openhab/addons folder and could easily add a thing.

What I do see after I checked right now: there’s no entry in the OH3.1 UI in “Addons-Bindings”, but I can add a Thing easily with Balboa. Also in the console there’s this:

[18:45:01] openhabian@openhabMain:~$ openhab-cli console

Logging in as openhab
Password:
                           _   _     _     ____
   ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ )
  / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \
 | (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )
  \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/
       |_|       3.1.0 - Release Build

Use '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
To exit, use '<ctrl-d>' or 'logout'.

openhab> bundle:list | grep Balboa
 29 x Active x  80 x 3.2.0.202108270027    x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Balboa Binding
openhab>

That is expected behavior for manually installed bindings.

1 Like

I guess so (same with your ekey binding tests :wink: ), but perhaps this was the stopping point for Walter…?

1 Like

Here is my output

user@OpenHAB:/usr/share/openhab/addons$ ls -lh
total 231M
-rw-r–r-- 1 openhab openhab 231M Jun 27 15:57 openhab-addons-3.1.0.kar
-rw-r–r-- 1 openhab openhab 129K Oct 14 11:29 org.openhab.binding.balboa-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-rw-r–r-- 1 openhab openhab 70 Jun 27 15:57 README
user@OpenHAB:/usr/share/openhab/addons$
user@OpenHAB:/usr/share/openhab/addons$ openhab-cli console

_   _     _     ____

___ ___ ___ ___ | | | | / \ | __ )
/ _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | || | / _ \ | _
| (
) | () | __/| | | || _ | / ___ \ | |) )
___/| / _/|| |||| ||// _|__/
|
| 3.1.0 - Release Build

Use ‘’ for a list of available commands
and ‘[cmd] --help’ for help on a specific command.
To exit, use ‘’ or ‘logout’.

openhab> bundle:list | grep Balboa
openhab> bundle:list | grep balboa
openhab>

Once dropped into the folder you do not have to install the binding through to UI.

If you go to things and select the blue + button you should see it there to pick from in the bindings.

Spent my weekend trying to get this to work but I have 0 luck with this binding. Thanks for help everyone.

I have the same problem, I`m trying to install the aWATTar binding by dropping the .jar file into the addons-folder. Nothing in the bundle:list

anyone manage to get this working with oh 3.2?

Yes. works with me! :wink:

@binderth what binding file are you using?

As explained above, the one of clinophobic:

Works without a problem.

Binding still works, but I found out, that mostly over night the pool doesn’t update the current temperature, as it seems to only activate circulation after use (or the filter intervals) and therefore the current temperature stays the same for hours.
Is there anywhere I can tell the pool to regularly start the circulation pump directly. I start the Jet pump for like 10seconds as this triggers circulation, but perhaps there’s a better approach?

Hi

I just setup my two balboa baths with a wifi module and got heir native app to work, however I ended up setting two differnet ssid for my wifi modules as I didn’t fin a way to switch wich tub I wanted to connect to.

After that I installed snapshot for 3.2.0 version but that one didn’t load, but nsaptshot for 3.1 version did load, but I cant get any things from that binding via oh 3 ui running OH 3.3, is there a bridge or .things file that I can work with?

HI again

I have got good use for this python scripts they make me able to do exactly what I need and want to, except for setting time, I tried python3 /path/to/script/pool.py setttime 12 30 or 1230 but nothng really happends I can make all the other changes for light and pumps and temeprature range and settemp.

Is there something basic with settime that I am missing?

My pool is starting circulation pump every 2 hours automatically for about 2 mnutes, if “HeatMode” = "“READY”.

But regular circulation pump is cooling down the pool a little bit more. Therefore I change only at 3 am from READY to REST and 10 minutes later back to REST.

This ensure that heating is not starting by night (without sun on my PV).

During day-time the pool is all the time set to READY, that heating and filtering is possible.

1 Like