Banana PI Pro

Is anybody using this board to run OpenHAB?
The benefit for me over Raspberry is that it has onboard WIFI, and you can use HDD for logging as it has SATA. It also has IR receiver and microphone.

http://www.lemaker.org/article-43-1.html

As it runs Debian everything should be fine.

I have no experience …
but maybe this part of the wiki can help you further.

This is an article I found.
Would you please share your experience, I would like to use BANANA PI R1 :: Banana Pi router, 2x 1 GHz, 1 GB, WIFI, 4x 1 Gbit board in the future.

Good luck.
And thanks in advance.

I have OpenHAB running on my Banana PI. It’s not the PRO so it doesn’t have the builtin WIFI, but the installation was identical to a Raspberry PI.

I use Banana Pi (no PRO) and it work very good.
I have inside: OpenHAB, Logitek Media Server, Trasmission, DLNA Media Server, webmin, with harddisk 500Gb on SATA.

Ciao sono alle prime esperienze, vorrei utilizzare il Banana PI come supervisore per un impianto domotico.
Che sistema operativo devo installare?
OpenHab supporta il protocollo Modbus su porta seriale?
Ma non so proprio come fare… Chi mi può aiutare? e mi spieghi passo passo la procedura…
Grazie a voi

@Omar whilst I am sure there are Italians on this forum, I think it is more likely that you will get a response if you use English.

In the end I decided not to use the Banana PI, as I want to run more things than just openHAB, so I am looking at something more powerful, but for just openHAB, the Banana Pro looks like a good option.

In regards to Banana Pro, you would follow the same steps as Raspberry PI, have a look here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Hardware-FAQ

I have setup openhab 1.8.1 online version on banana pro with an SSD.
Followed instruction of setting up raspian
Very fast boot time.
It still takes a while until everything is loaded complete configuration

After upgrading to openhab 1.8.2 I do have major problems that not all config files are loaded early enough which causes problems, .e.g. “config file not found”

After switching back same installation and configuration to my old faster hw platform everything works fine.
Therefore at the moment I am not sure whether banana pro is not powerful enough or whether it is because there have been some changes in v1.8.2. which prevents openhab loading all config files

1 Like

i am using openhab 2 gpio home automation. running very good. but i want upgrade openhab 3.
when i am installing this bindings openhab 2 system running.
openhab-binding-expire1
openhab-binding-gpio1
openhab-io-gpio1

but openhab3 is missing.
i am using banana pi pro.

what am i wrong. thank you.
Note: i am installed binding-gpio and openhab-cli showlogs controlled
openhab-cli showlogs
2021-02-09 18:07:22.147 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘RaspiLED2’ received command OFF
2021-02-09 18:07:22.167 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘RaspiLED2’ changed from ON to OFF

binding-gpio
Adds GPIO support to openHAB.

• Author

Nils Bauer

• Version

3.1.0.M1