Basic authentication configured when running oh via Eclipse

I followed this guide on how to setup Eclipse: Eclipse IDE | openHAB

1. You can check that openHAB is running with your browser by going to: http://localhost:8080/ (the last / is important!)

When I visit this page, I get an HTTP basic authentication prompt. Where can I configure these credentials?

If you’ve previously setup openHAB in Eclipse and forgot your password you can use the “Console” view just like you’d use the Karaf Console and use:

openhab:users changePassword <userId> <newPassword> - changes the password of a user

To restart the initial setup wizard and create the initial user, remove all data from /launch/app/runtime/userdata before starting openHAB in Eclipse.

You might also want to check if it is really openHAB running on http://localhost:8080 and not some other application. I.e. stop openHAB and see if the application still prompts you for a password. If so, you’d probably also see stacktraces in the “Console” when starting openHAB telling you it cannot bind to the port because it is already in use:

[ERROR] [.service.internal.HttpServiceStarted] - Could not start the servlet context for context path []
java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to /0.0.0.0:8080
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel(ServerConnector.java:349) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.open(ServerConnector.java:310) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetworkConnector.java:80) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:234) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:73) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:401) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:73) ~[?:?]
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:455) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:447) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:227) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:80) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel(ServerConnector.java:344) ~[?:?]
	... 88 more