basicUI bold/regular items

Hi,
can somebody elaborate why Text items are being rendered in bold and Group items are being rendered in regular font?

It’s quite annoying to have Groups where not necessary just to have it visualy same

specific example:
this

which in sitemap looks like this:

Group item=FF_Temperature label="First Floor" icon="firstfloor"

Text item=PVE_Now label="Power Plant" {
}

To eliminate this as an artifact of Text widget rather than a property of Group type Items, try

Text  item=FF_Temperature label="text with subpage" icon="firstfloor" {
}
Text  item=FF_Temperature label="text no subpage" icon="firstfloor"
}

seems to be unnecessarily complicated…
as I’m using Groups for grouping items, I probably will be using Groups instead of Text everywhere… it’s quite weird, but bold+regular on one sitemap looks even weirder tho :wink:

I think @rossko57 suggested trying that to narrow down where the issue may exist, not necessarily as a solution.

It’s just a test to find out what presents as you like it.

I had a play and this effect does not show up in ClassicUI (I usually use, preferring the single column form). No bolds at all.

I would say this is a bug in BasicUI Group widget, which does not present formatted state like other widgets.

Trust me, you will move away from that anyway as you discover that you cannot control the ordering of the subpage, or add coloured text, or frames, or add on a chart etc.:wink:

1 Like

i know that groups can’t be ordered, but for some items like many sensors for overview it is only solution.
I mean… manually list 30 items just to have them “sorted” is not really way how I want to have it.
That’s why groups should exist

and because i dont like bold text, i’m forced to use groups anyways (note. inside group container you can work as normally so things get ordered when placed manually into sitemap)

to your suggestion:

Text  item=FF_Temperature label="text with subpage1" icon="firstfloor" {
Text label="text"
}
Text  item=FF_Temperature label="text no subpage2" icon="firstfloor"
 Text label="text"
}

regular
bold
bold
bold

this

Okay, so it appears to be an issue with Group widget (and not about the subpage action itself).
As I said, I think that’s a bug in BasicUI (the behaviour in Classic UI is not like that).

Someone might want to check the andoid and IoS apps, for comparison.

If all values are rendered in bold, the group value should be too.
Regarding the order of items in a group, it follows the order of definition in your item config file. If your items were defined with Paper UI, I have no idea what is the order.