Battery node not initialised after reboot

Totally normal, it even says 2.0 in snapshot 2.2 :grin:
Look at the time and date stamp right next to the HABmin version number to see the actual version.

1 Like

Getting a bit confused now.

Does it mean, that when using HABmin the device should stay active on the controller unlinke paperUI? :blush:

That’s exactly what i said… by using HABmin all works fine!
And that’s why I ask you to change the wakeup value with HABmin. Perhaps you can confirm this behavior.

I spent the last hours with testing…

when changing properties using PaperUI the node is removed from controller.
using HABmin there is no problem.

When you have used PaperUI and the devices are removed then you have to include them again. It’s not necessary to exclude them before. Use the ‘search new devices’ in HABmin and then press the button on the thermostate. The device get the same node id as before and working again. That is the only way to get them work again (at least for me). Everything else like reinitilize over HABmin doesn’t work.

1 Like

hi Chris when you change the properties of a device with PaperUI there are some commands under “SHOW MORE” at the bottom of the page. For all these options “do” is selected as default! There is an option “Remove device from controler” that seems to be the reason but I don’t have tested it yet.

I’ve yust seen that there is no other option than “DO”.

I would strongly recommend not to use PaperUI for controlling ZWave devices. The main issue is that PaperUI sends ALL configuration parameters at the same time - even if nothing changed. This will potentially swamp the device (especially where devices have a lot of configuration). If you use HABmin, it will solve this issue, but I’ll also take a look at what can be done to improve it under PaperUI.

1 Like

Ok, that’s a nice tip.