Beginner help connecting devices - contec

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: asus zenbook 2
    • Java Runtime Environment: lateast
    • openHAB version: 2.2
  • Issue of the topic:
    Hi, I’m a complete noob. I apologise for my ignorense. We have been using a smart home platform from a small company, which can control the switches in our hause.
    Recently the PC that controled the system has been corrupted and they have stopped support for thier system.
    So, now I’m trying to convert the platform and control through openhab.
    My problem is that after I install openhab successfully, it doesn’t recognize any devices attached. Attached are photos of the system in place.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/UrDr47xufFn4tFrR2
    Thanks for any advise!!!
    Michael

Do you have any documentation that came with your system.
Does this hardware accept http requests? or tcp? or something else?
Does is serves and web server for interaction?
Is it an mqtt client?
I can see that one of the devices is connected to the network. What’s the IP?
Can you ping it? Can you open a browser to that IP? What can you see?
Any traffic to that IP on wireshark? What does it look like?

Did you contact contec?

Hello vincent!
thanl you for your reply!
We tried contacting them, they want an absurd amount of money (more than 1000$) even for elimentry support.
That’s why we’re trying a different method.
Do you have any documentation that came with your system. - nothing helpful
Does this hardware accept http requests? or tcp? or something else? how do i check it?
Does is serves and web server for interaction? we had a server and web server, yes. the server malfunctioned. harddrive wreked…i have no way to know how it was set up
Is it an mqtt client? how do i check?
I can see that one of the devices is connected to the network. What’s the IP? its a phone cable that connects to the server, not a network cable.
Can you ping it? Can you open a browser to that IP? What can you see? no.
Any traffic to that IP on wireshark? What does it look like? no.
again, thank you for any advice!
michael

Is there any way to recover the hard drive. Have you tried a hard drive recovery service?
Your system looks like a PLC that drives relays
Installing another PLC to drive the relays could be a solution but you’ll have to start pretty much from scratch.

could you recommend a PLC?
We are very disappointed with the company. so i don’t mind starting with scratch :slight_smile:

No sorry, I wish I had a set-up like your with relays driving everything. I would go the diy route by rigging an arduino pro with ethernet and drive the relays with mqtt
You are going to need an electrician to wire it up because your are dealing with AC and self-rigging is NOT covered by home insurance!
Call a good electrician with automation experience (Industrial automation) and get him/her to have a look. I can’t advise you more by just looking at a few pictures and I am not a sparky.
Good luck
Let us me know what you come up with. I’ll keep an eye on this thread