Berlin meetup

I would say yes: last time was also my first openHAB meeting and I received quite a warm welcome regardless off existing or non existing knowledge (I was not the only newby).
As long as you are interested and are looking forward to people nerding about a topic they are really into, you will enjoy the meeting.

2 Likes

No matter the knowledge level every one is welcome :slight_smile:
Also we need new people to speak to :smiley: we “freaks” are stuck in our castle and can’t see what new users see.
So it’s very good for us to get some new view points.

Since we all want to improve openHAB we need fresh blood `^_^´

Oh and btw. I will be there to :grin:

I just noticed @blilleike you asked in general, where do you live? Is there a meetup already in your location? If not? make one! :metal:

EDIT again:
Since its your first post here @blilleike I need to say

Welcome to the openHAB Community :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome.
I am from Hannover and I haven’t looked for another meetup. Berlin is near enough for me and I am currently evaluating if I am willing to invest more time into openHAB. And typically I am not the guy to start organising events anyway :wink:
But I will show up on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

until we find a better place … here is the openHAB sign for a print out openHAB-meetup_Logo.pdf (528.0 KB)

And thank you for a wunderful sunday afternoon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Big Thanks to

for attending. It was a very productive round, we discovered issues and workflow flaws which can be improved. Also a work group got formed with the goal to get rid of all openHAB doc issues (@blilleike and @BrutalBirdie).
Imo we should also create a blog post about the meetup.

2 Likes

Ok, if we manage another meeting @holger_hees Ansible setup is definitely something I would like to hear more about :smiley:

After @BrutalBirdie 2.5.0 Upgrade post got me started with Docker and my own manual Docker setup is now repeatable without popping up new problems, Ansible seems to be the next step to achieve an repeatable automated setup :thinking::grinning:

1 Like

i will try to join next time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Try to join as well depending on the Date.

1 Like

In good old tradition, let’s have an openHAB meetup on sunday starting 12:00 :slight_smile:

Invitation for a virtual openHAB meetup
When: Sunday 17.05.2020, 12:00
Where: https://meet.gzevd.de/ste-jmj-cch

To participate, all you need is an up-to-date web browser.
I will be there at 11:45 to support users, never used BigBlueButton before.

6 Likes

Great idea. I will definitly join.

1 Like

Great idea :+1:

Joining from home I’m not sure how long my three years old daughter will let me join you, but I’ll try my best :grinning:

2 Likes

I think I will join as well.
Never have been to an openHAB meetup. :slight_smile:

Maybe you could promote this virtual meetup in another thread.
I don’t know way I subscripbed to this thread (I am from Cologne), but I guess many users from no-Berlin might like to join as well but do not look in this thread.

1 Like

I suspect the meeting will be in german language, right? :slight_smile:

From my point of view we could do this in english.

3 Likes

I think our default language for the meetup was always English :thinking:

1 Like

Well, in case you dont mind a dane participating, I would like to join, if it´s in english. I do understand some german, but I´m most comfortable with english (or danish ofcouse :slight_smile: ).

3 Likes

I will add it to my calendar. :slight_smile:

English is fine for me. :+1:

1 Like

Do we have any proposed topics for next Sunday?

Nope. Feel free to propose one. With bigbluebutton there are two ways to show screens to the other participants. One is the classic “Powerpoint” sharing (the best format is pdf) and the other is screen sharing (desktop or browser window).
Reminder: virtual meetup will take place sunday 17.05.

Maybe someone is able to give some Information about the upcomming version 3; I could show my icewarning script, We could discuss the usage of metadata, drink some beer

1 Like