Best Retrofit Solution for table lamp / bed side table lamp?

Hello,

Trying to retrofit few more items at home in order to connect more devises :stuck_out_tongue:

This is my new project: connect lamps (table lamps, ambient lamps, bed side table lamps… in simple words, a lamp with a plug and typically a switch on the cord…

What is the best retrofit solution? (cost effective and “acceptable” to the eyes -> if ugly, my wife will ban me from keep doing the upgrade :P)

Thanks all

Best solution is maybe to use smart light bulbs.

Another solution is to replace the switch with Sonoff Basiscs. Which are beeing at the edge of beeing ugly.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting :slight_smile: does the Sonoff Basics have also a “manual switch”? i case of wifi failure? :slight_smile:

Does it require to flash the memory in order to use it with OH?

Thank you

You could also consider the Z-Wave SwiidInter Cord Switch. Allows both Z-Wave and manual control of the lamp.

More effort than just adding a smart bulb or smart wall socket, but looks better. Less effort than Sonoff.

Probably cost more than a bulb or wall socket though.

1 Like

How does the lamps base look ?
if there is space you could put in a sonoff mini or shelly in the base and have a manual switch in the base ?

The Sonoff have a small button, but this is not comparable to a real switch

sorry the sonoff mini can be used with a external switch as long as the line is constantly powered to the sonoff mini you can use a switch to turn it on as well.if there is wifi or not.
see image.

I found these zigbee ones:
https://adi-av.com/product/axxess-lamp-dimmer/

1 Like

Thank you all!

I think I will be happy with Sonoff Basic R3… last question is about which version would you recommend?

WiFi or ZigBee ??? pros, cons?

Thank you all!