Apologies if this is a bit of an obvious question, I’m just getting started with an OpenHAB project.
What I’ve done so far:
- Installed OpenHAB 3.0.1 on a Raspbian system
- Created a basic model and added some HUE lights
- Added a widget to HABPanel that allows me to turn the lights on and off
- Installed InfluxDB and Grafana, tested with some dummy data
What I want to do:
- Visualize power generation and consumption data from Octopus and a PV electric system (being installed on Wed - I believe the inverter is a Growatt system)
If I have an external datasource vailable by, say, a REST API - what’s the best way to make that data available to OpenHAB - translate it to MQTT, or just send it directly to InfluxDB? Something else?