Best way to "update" Docker to 2.1.0

Hi,

I’m running openHAB 2.0.0 in a Docker contanier on my Synology NAS as described in the Docker docu here: https://hub.docker.com/r/openhab/openhab/ .

So “conf”, and “userdata” are presistant. How would I “update” this to 2.1.0. Can I simply create a new container with the 2.1.0 image? Do I have to change anything in “conf” or/and “userdata”? Will installed bindings, services, etc. be update?

Best regards,
Michael

The Docker Container Devs are furiously working on proper update instructions. Stay tuned.

In the mean time, in the past I’ve upgraded by:

• stop the container
  • delete contents of userdata/cache and userdata/tmp
  • pull the new image and start a new container from it
  • watch the logs
  • when the logs settle down restart the container

Note: these procedures assume that your system configurations and addons are all kept in conf/services (e.g. addons.cfg instead of installing addons through PaperUI).

I think it should also be possible to upgrade your addons in place through the Karaf console but I’ve never done the steps to prove that works.

However, I think some of the upgrade steps may have changed and now with the creation of upgrade scripts for manual installations (which is what the Docker image uses) there might be a better approach. This is why I’m waiting for the upgrade instructions the Docker image devs are working on.

Hello Rich,

thanks for the info. I think I’ll wait until the Devs come up with update instructions…

Michael