Binary Switch Item Setup *Confused* :(

Hey guys, I am trying to get openhab to communicate with my basic Aeon wall switch.

I have openhab running on my Rpi 2, with Razberry z-wave module. Works great.

I can use the Z-way web interface to control the Binary switch, that functions perfect. I can edit my demo.sitemap file to add floors and rooms and such, I understand how that works.

Here is a screenshot of the device in the web interface:

Problem I have is understanding the bindings in the /items/demo.items file. I have been reading and re-reading this page here:

I have created a new group:
Group gTF (All)

and then:
Group TF_Myroom “travisroom” (gTF)

and under lights:
Switch ZwaveDevice “Ceiling” (TF_Myroom, Lights) { zwave=“2:command=SWITCH_BINARY” }

I’m not sure where this should go:
{ zwave=“2:command=SWITCH_BINARY” }

Because the switch is on node 2 so this is the part that tells openhab where it is, and how to control it.

Any help is greatly greatly appreciated ty so much!

Edit: forgot to mention, I do make sure to kill the z-way-server so that openhab has the ability to communicate with the devices/nodes.

Not really how flexible the rule parser is on this (re clause order, for example) , but here’s a working switch configuration item.

like this:

Switch sw_LIGHT_HallBath "FX Hall Bathroom Light"  (gMotionSwitches,HH_Lights,HH_Baths, F2_Lights,F2_Bath) {zwave="25:command=switch_binary,refresh_interval=120"}

i.e., TYPE LOGICAL NAME " HUMAN NAME " < ICON TO USE > ( GROUPS ASSIGNED TO ) { BINDING INFO }

1 Like