Binding for Connected Consumer Fuel Smart Oil Gauge?

Hello everyone,
I’m new to to community and this is my first post. I did search quite a bit before posting this but if I missed something, please forgive me.

I had been messing around with OpenHAB for a bit and am still refining my setup. I came across a seemingly neat product that solves a problem for me with my oil tank. It’s a smart oil gauge by Connected Consumer Fuel. It measures the level of your fuel oil level and can be viewed on the company’s website, using the app or Alexa. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the product or has successfully integrated it with OpenHAB. I didn’t see a binding and couldn’t find a mention of it anywhere in the forum.

It would save me some time in developing my original solution which was an ultrasonic sensor (HC-SR04). This would be a nice plug and play solution. I thought of just using an iframe to pull up the page… any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

• Jeff

From easiest to most difficult:

• Is there an API from the supplier?
  • Can the data be pulled out of the website HTML?
  • Use wireshark to sniff the app traffic and figure out how to retrieve the data

Hello Vincent,
There is no API, unfortunately.
I am not sure what data is transferred through the page HTML. I am going to buy one as it’s offered from my oil supply company for $10 off market price. I’ll let you know as soon as I get it and play around with it.

Thanks for the reply! I am anxious to get it and mess around with it. I will certainly update my experience with it.
I’m going to use the big G to search wireshark – it’s new to me and it sounds interesting!

• Jeff