Binding "SmartHome/J Viessmann Binding" - can't set value

Hi community,

I would like to set the domestic hot water temperature for my Viessmann heat pump with the binding “SmartHome/J Viessmann”. The binding is connected to the viessmann cloud and can read the values, but not set. In my rule, I do this:

ViessmannDevice0_DHWmaintemperature.sendCommand(40)

and this I can see in the log:

2022-07-06 21:25:44.868 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'VIE_DHWmaintemperature' received command 49
2022-07-06 21:25:44.874 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'VIE_DHWmaintemperature' predicted to become 49
2022-07-06 21:25:44.879 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'VIE_DHWmaintemperature' changed from 50 °C to 49 °C

@rogrun asked me to create a new topic, and here it is :slight_smile:

2022-05-14 20:16:59.481 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ received command -1

2022-05-14 20:16:59.484 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ predicted to become -1

2022-05-14 20:16:59.500 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ changed from -2 to -1

2022-05-14 20:17:57.498 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ changed from -1 to -2

Same for setting the Heating Curve.

1 Like

@ChrisM
On my installation, setting the temperature works.
Please PM me from the log in TRACE mode. You can enable the loglevel in the karaf-conlose by typing:

log:set TRACE org.smarthomej.binding.viessmann

@sven1234 your issue has another reason, i’ll try to fix it asap

Same for me. Trace log ony shows on line:

2022-07-08 14:07:31.148 [TRACE] [smann.internal.handler.DeviceHandler] - ChannelUID: {feature=heating.dhw.temperature.main}

I tried to dig into this and in my case it looks like the feature heating.dhw.temperature.main requires a setTargetTemperature command which is not handled by the binding.

my log was very long, I have send it by PM

Sorry for the delay.

I’m working on a solution and will provide a new version in a few days.

@sven1234 I’m still working on your issue, it’s taking longer to fix

Thanks a lot!

Thanks. If you need some TRACE logs from my side too please give me a hint.

Many Thanks. I don’t need that at the moment. The fix is mostly complete, but there are some adjustments to the created channels. I want to avoid deleting the thing and having to recreate the channels. I’ll get to work on the implementation tonight.

2 Likes

@rogrun Hi, how is it going?

Sorry for the long delay. I currently have little time to take care of it. I have already found the cause and will take care of it after my vacation.

no reason to appologize, you doing me a favor. Whish you a nice vacation.

The heating season will start in a few month :see_no_evil:
Maybe there is an update for this binding comming to solve the problem?

I’m working on it, but I still don’t have much time to work on it. I’ll report if there’s any news

Hi @ChrisM, @rogrun,
how did you solve the issue to set the domestic hot water temperature? It is not working for me as well. When I set the temperature I can see that the item is changed

2022-09-09 09:53:26.310 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'VIESS_Wassertemp_konfiguriert' received command 46
2022-09-09 09:53:26.311 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'VIESS_Wassertemp_konfiguriert' predicted to become 46
2022-09-09 09:53:26.312 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'VIESS_Wassertemp_konfiguriert' changed from 41 °C to 46 °C

but the binding seems not to send it to the API. Logging in TRACE mode just shows:

2022-09-09 09:53:26.311 [TRACE] [smann.internal.handler.DeviceHandler] - ChannelUID: {feature=heating.dhw.temperature.main}

Thanks for feedback/hints how you solved that issue :slight_smile:

Sorry just noticed, that Ronny is still working on that, I missed that somehow, because there were 2 issues handled here (set dhw temp and setting heating curve) :face_with_monocle:
So I will be patient :upside_down_face:

Hello guys. The two fixes are complete. But the new release of SmartHome/J is still a work in progress.

@J-N-K do you already know when you will release the new one?

1 Like

Hi,

any update on this? Is there something I can help with?

Bye,
Christian

Hi,

I’m still waiting for the new SmartHome/J release. If you don’t want to wait you can download a snapshot here:
https://download.ronnygrun.de/org.smarthomej.binding.viessmann-3.2.15-SNAPSHOT.zip

Very important: you have to uninstall the old binding first. (commons and viessmann)

Only then can you add the new one to the addons folder.

Please add the commons JAR to the addons folder first and then the viessmann binding.

Comment; this appears to be sending a numeric-only command to a Quantity type Item, that expects a Quantity type command, with units.

Check Item type, channel type, and widget or rule issuing command.