Binding "SmartHome/J Viessmann Binding" - can't set value

Hi community,

I would like to set the domestic hot water temperature for my Viessmann heat pump with the binding “SmartHome/J Viessmann”. The binding is connected to the viessmann cloud and can read the values, but not set. In my rule, I do this:

ViessmannDevice0_DHWmaintemperature.sendCommand(40)

and this I can see in the log:

2022-07-06 21:25:44.868 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'VIE_DHWmaintemperature' received command 49
2022-07-06 21:25:44.874 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'VIE_DHWmaintemperature' predicted to become 49
2022-07-06 21:25:44.879 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'VIE_DHWmaintemperature' changed from 50 °C to 49 °C

@rogrun asked me to create a new topic, and here it is :slight_smile:

2022-05-14 20:16:59.481 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ received command -1

2022-05-14 20:16:59.484 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ predicted to become -1

2022-05-14 20:16:59.500 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ changed from -2 to -1

2022-05-14 20:17:57.498 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘ViessmannWarmepumpe_HeatingcurveCircuit0shift’ changed from -1 to -2

Same for setting the Heating Curve.

@ChrisM
On my installation, setting the temperature works.
Please PM me from the log in TRACE mode. You can enable the loglevel in the karaf-conlose by typing:

log:set TRACE org.smarthomej.binding.viessmann

@sven1234 your issue has another reason, i’ll try to fix it asap

Same for me. Trace log ony shows on line:

2022-07-08 14:07:31.148 [TRACE] [smann.internal.handler.DeviceHandler] - ChannelUID: {feature=heating.dhw.temperature.main}

I tried to dig into this and in my case it looks like the feature heating.dhw.temperature.main requires a setTargetTemperature command which is not handled by the binding.

my log was very long, I have send it by PM

Sorry for the delay.

I’m working on a solution and will provide a new version in a few days.

@sven1234 I’m still working on your issue, it’s taking longer to fix

Thanks a lot!

Thanks. If you need some TRACE logs from my side too please give me a hint.

Many Thanks. I don’t need that at the moment. The fix is mostly complete, but there are some adjustments to the created channels. I want to avoid deleting the thing and having to recreate the channels. I’ll get to work on the implementation tonight.

2 Likes

@rogrun Hi, how is it going?

Sorry for the long delay. I currently have little time to take care of it. I have already found the cause and will take care of it after my vacation.

no reason to appologize, you doing me a favor. Whish you a nice vacation.