Bindings won't install after migrating from OH3 to OH4

I am having issues migrating from openHAB 3.4.4 to 4.0.3 on Windows 11.
These are the steps taken:

• install latest Zulu java 17 (17.44.53).
  • reboot
  • run update script

I have following errors in my OH4 log:

2023-09-30 12:53:14.544 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-modbus, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-fronius, openhab-binding-ocpp, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-tplinksmarthome, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-automation-jrubyscripting, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-mybmw, openhab-binding-dscalarm, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-binding-automower, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-astro': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-ocpp; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.2.0.SNAPSHOT,3.2.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-ocpp)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.2.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=3.2.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-ocpp/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-ocpp/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=co7io-binding-ocpp; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve co7io-binding-ocpp/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [co7io-binding-ocpp/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=co7io-binding-base; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve co7io-binding-base/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [co7io-binding-base/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.connectorio.addons.binding; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.2.0.SNAPSHOT,3.2.0.SNAPSHOT]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.connectorio.addons.binding/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [org.connectorio.addons.binding/3.2.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.thing)(version>=3.2.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))"]]]]

I don’t understand why there is reference to 3.2.0. I tried manually to install the bindings I’m using but it won’t work.

So what I need to do to fix this problem?

Did you previously install any jar file ( 3.X ) manually using the the folder

Additional add-on files C:\openHAB\addons

Yes, I had some 3.4 jar files. I have now deleted them, copied 4.0.3 stable add-ons file to addons directory and I edited addons.cfg file (changed remote = false). It seems that now the bindings are installed.

1 Like