Blink Binding

@doktormo Do you have any news on the update? Would be great to have this fantastic binding back up and working. Thanks for an update from your end.

@doktormo

+1
Chris

Morning,

Just moved over to Java 17 (in prep for OH4 - Still on 3) and am also getting similar error now:

**COMMUNICATION_ERROR**

Unable to make field private final java.time.format.DateTimeFormatterBuilder$CompositePrinterParser java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.printerParser accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.time.format" to unnamed module @1eb5257

Really appreciate your time in writing and keeping this updated and looking forward to the patch as It’s a very useful and integrated part of my OpenHab setup now.

Hey everybody. Thanks for the feedback and a small heads up from me.
I haven’t found the time yet to update my dev environment to OH4.
I can see you guys are anxiously waiting for the update, so I’ll make sure to reserve some time next week. Keep up the pressure in case you don’t hear back from me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Bad idea, the requirements clearly say that running openHAB 3 on other version than Java 11 is not supported.

We are on code freeze already, so your update will not make it into the release of openHAB 4.

Have realized that now, and moved back to 11 and will not update until Openhab 4 available - thanks.
Got a bit confused as in openhabian-config it states that Java 17 is now the version installed by default, but Openhab 3 is also the current version.

Hello, is there anything new for the Blink Binding on OpenHAB 4?
Today i Upgradet to OH4 and now i also get this Error Message.

**COMMUNICATION_ERROR**

Failed making field 'java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter#printerParser' accessible; either change its visibility or write a custom TypeAdapter for its declaring type

See above.
doktormo is working on it soon.

Ok, here’s my promised weekly check-in. I have a version which is running fine on Java 17 / OH 4.x now. It is not completely tested yet and it won’t work on OH 3.x / Java 11 right now which is why I won’t put it on the marketplace before I have put that in next week.
If you are really eager to use it, download it from https://drive.google.com/file/d/19rj6ZSfHHv_Ly6_A_pb0LjzsrS-g6YSb/view?usp=sharing
but keep in mind it’s only for 4.x / Java 17 right now.

5 Likes

Awesome, Thank you. Dropped it in and instantly worked.

Same for me.
Copied the jar to the addons folder, entered my email & password then the 2FA code and all working well.
Many Thanks @doktormo

Is working for me, too :+1:

THX

Worked "out of the box :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Many thanx for the update that I have bee desperately waiting for.

I have one blink mini and three blink outdoor cams. All four get recognized by the addon when scanning. The thing section for the blink mini shows the video stream url under “thing properties” correctly. But in the respective sections of the other three blink outdoor cams there are no urls showing for the video stream. Trying to use the same url as the blink mini but only with the different camera ID does not work as well. So currently I cannot have the outdoor cams included in my setup.

I don’t know what happend. But after deleting the cams, rescanning and adding them again for several times I now have a video stream for one of my outdoor cams, but still not for the other two and not for the blink mini cam anymore. It seems I can only get one video stream showing for all my cameras. The other cams then have no video stream listed in their “thing properties” sections.

Edit: Now after several tries it is obvious: Only the first camera you add as a “thing” will list a video stream. All further cameras you add afterwards won’t. But the other channels are working fine on all cameras.

Sorry if this has been addressed anywhere else, but I have been unable to find it if it has.

Have upgraded to OpenHab 4.0.2 and running Java 17

openhabian@Openhab:~ $ java -version
openjdk version "17.0.7" 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1, mixed mode, emulated-client)

I have installed the snapshot Blink binding from the google drive location but am receiving the following error message:

2023-08-21 12:59:30.356 **[ERROR] [internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService] - Error calling Blink API. Reason: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header**

2023-08-21 12:59:30.357 [ERROR] [link.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - Error connecting to Blink servers with given credentials

java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.request(BaseBlinkApiService.java:84) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.apiRequest(BaseBlinkApiService.java:72) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.AccountService.login(AccountService.java:67) ~[?:?]

Unsure where to look / what to try next. Any assistance greatly received.

Thanks

I have the same issue, using OH 4.0.2 and version 4.1.0.202307281538 of the blink add-on. I hope there is an easy resolution as this one is meanwhile exactly one year old. Is there?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Thomas and Dave,

I am currently on vacation. I will try to reproduce the issue when I get back.

Matthias

1 Like

Hi Matthias,

thank you very much for the Blink Binding.

Yesterday, I got my Blink cameras and a Sync Module, unfortunately I am struggling to setup the Bridge Thing and I hope you can help me get it running.

My configuration
openhabian@openhabian:~ $ sudo openhab-cli info
Version: 4.0.2 (Build)

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ java -version
openjdk version “17.0.7” 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1, mixed mode, emulated-client)

What I did so far

• Installed the Binding from the Marketplace - marketplace:132328
  • Added the “Blink Konto” Thing

My Problem

• the thing is offline and shows the following error:
    COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Failed making field ‘java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter#printerParser’ accessible; either change its visibility or write a custom TypeAdapter for its declaring type

• The 2FA failed with the following error:

HTTP ERROR 500 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to do 2FA without a login

URI: /blink/6de83ee6e8
MESSAGE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to do 2FA without a login
SERVLET: org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.servlet.AccountVerificationServlet
CAUSED BY: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to do 2FA without a login

I hope you can guide me through the process to get my thing online or point me to a documentation which might help me.

Thank you Dominik