Blink Binding

logo

With this binding, you can use blink security cameras in OpenHAB.

Communication with the cameras is done using the blink API, as used by the official blink app.

Please refer to the documentation at Github.

This is a beta release of the binding with all planned functionality. When a stable version is reached, the plan is to submit it to the official OpenHAB bindings.

Please post questions or bugs to the OpenHAB community topic Blink Security Camera Binding

Developed by doktormo and lordjaxom.
Many thanks to _radza for helping develop support for blink minis and extensive testing.

Changelog

Version 0.1

• initial release

Resources

org.openhab.binding.blink-0.1.1.jar

Source: openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.blink at blinkbinding · moesterheld/openhab-addons · GitHub

3 Likes

Hi there! Thank you Matthias for putting so much effort into this Biding!

I am just about to purchase a camera which is capable to be used with openHAB and its rules and I am wondering if i.e. the “Blink - outdoor” can be used without a subscription just in my own environment?

Many thanks in advance!
BR
Uwe

Matthias @doktormo - thanks so much for all the time you’ve spent on this!
I tried to comment where you directed above, but that topic has been closed.

I am trying to use my blink indoor cameras as a replacement for ZWave motion detectors. I do not always want the cameras to record when there is motion. It appears that the motion detection is only triggered when the “Motion Recording” option is enabled in the app, although the blink app on my phone does send a notification in that state. Is it possible to have that channel triggered with motion recording disabled?

Thanks,
Terry

Uwe,
This binding connects to the blink “cloud,” not to the individual camera. I have seen elsewhere that there is not currently a way to connect to it. I was looking for something similar and looked closely at the Wyze v3 before buying a blink.

Hope that helps a bit at least,
Terry

Hi all. First of all thank you so much Matthias for this great Binding.

I have one question: How I can add the Motion triggered channel of my Blink camera? I use OpenHab 3 and add channels over the things UI of OpenHab. When I select the “Motion triggered” channel of my camera for linking channel to Item, I have the problem that OpenHab don´t offer me any Profiles to it. How would be the correct workflow here?

Thanks,
Adam