Blink Binding

logo

With this binding, you can use blink security cameras in OpenHAB.

Communication with the cameras is done using the blink API, as used by the official blink app.

Please refer to the documentation at Github.

This is a beta release of the binding with all planned functionality. When a stable version is reached, the plan is to submit it to the official OpenHAB bindings.

Please post questions or bugs to the OpenHAB community topic Blink Security Camera Binding

Developed by doktormo and lordjaxom.
Many thanks to _radza for helping develop support for blink minis and extensive testing.

Changelog

Version 0.1

• initial release

Resources

org.openhab.binding.blink-0.1.1.jar

Source: openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.blink at blinkbinding Ā· moesterheld/openhab-addons Ā· GitHub

6 Likes

Hi there! Thank you Matthias for putting so much effort into this Biding!

I am just about to purchase a camera which is capable to be used with openHAB and its rules and I am wondering if i.e. the ā€œBlink - outdoorā€ can be used without a subscription just in my own environment?

Many thanks in advance!
BR
Uwe

Matthias @doktormo - thanks so much for all the time youā€™ve spent on this!
I tried to comment where you directed above, but that topic has been closed.

I am trying to use my blink indoor cameras as a replacement for ZWave motion detectors. I do not always want the cameras to record when there is motion. It appears that the motion detection is only triggered when the ā€œMotion Recordingā€ option is enabled in the app, although the blink app on my phone does send a notification in that state. Is it possible to have that channel triggered with motion recording disabled?

Thanks,
Terry

Uwe,
This binding connects to the blink ā€œcloud,ā€ not to the individual camera. I have seen elsewhere that there is not currently a way to connect to it. I was looking for something similar and looked closely at the Wyze v3 before buying a blink.

Hope that helps a bit at least,
Terry

Hi all. First of all thank you so much Matthias for this great Binding.

I have one question: How I can add the Motion triggered channel of my Blink camera? I use OpenHab 3 and add channels over the things UI of OpenHab. When I select the ā€œMotion triggeredā€ channel of my camera for linking channel to Item, I have the problem that OpenHab donĀ“t offer me any Profiles to it. How would be the correct workflow here?

Thanks,
Adam

I have exactly the same issue here. Canā€™t add Motion Trigger cause there is no option for profile. Both options greyed out.

Hi, is there a possibility to integrate the doorbell in the near future?
That would be great :slight_smile:

If you need someone to test let me know!

Thanks,
Manuel

1 Like

The binding all of a sudden stopped working on my openhab. Pausing and resuming the binding/thing did not return any good. I get the following message - any ideas anyone?

Donā€™t even get a UID displayed to enter the page where I can provide the 2fa code. The text message however gets triggered sending the 2fa code.

Did you update to OH 4 or update Java to 17?

I think itā€™s Java 17 that kills it. I went back to OpenJDK 11 until this wonderful binding gets updated.

I just noticed that what looks like the source code is on Github.
Maybe it just needs recompiling or something (beyond my skillset unfortunately)

Hi Mathias,

OH 4.0.0 M1:

Thing Error:

COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Failed making field ā€˜java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter#printerParserā€™ accessible; either change its visibility or write a custom TypeAdapter for its declaring type

Thanks, Iā€™ll patch it to work with OH 4 and Java 17

1 Like

Just updated to OpenHab 4.0 Milstone 2. Now I am facing the same problem. Any news on the updated version of the addon?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

@doktormo Do you have any news on the update? Would be great to have this fantastic binding back up and working. Thanks for an update from your end.

@doktormo

+1
Chris

Morning,

Just moved over to Java 17 (in prep for OH4 - Still on 3) and am also getting similar error now:

**COMMUNICATION_ERROR**

Unable to make field private final java.time.format.DateTimeFormatterBuilder$CompositePrinterParser java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.printerParser accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.time.format" to unnamed module @1eb5257

Really appreciate your time in writing and keeping this updated and looking forward to the patch as Itā€™s a very useful and integrated part of my OpenHab setup now.

Hey everybody. Thanks for the feedback and a small heads up from me.
I havenā€™t found the time yet to update my dev environment to OH4.
I can see you guys are anxiously waiting for the update, so Iā€™ll make sure to reserve some time next week. Keep up the pressure in case you donā€™t hear back from me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Bad idea, the requirements clearly say that running openHAB 3 on other version than Java 11 is not supported.

We are on code freeze already, so your update will not make it into the release of openHAB 4.

Have realized that now, and moved back to 11 and will not update until Openhab 4 available - thanks.
Got a bit confused as in openhabian-config it states that Java 17 is now the version installed by default, but Openhab 3 is also the current version.

Hello, is there anything new for the Blink Binding on OpenHAB 4?
Today i Upgradet to OH4 and now i also get this Error Message.

**COMMUNICATION_ERROR**

Failed making field 'java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter#printerParser' accessible; either change its visibility or write a custom TypeAdapter for its declaring type