Blink Binding

See above.
doktormo is working on it soon.

Ok, hereā€™s my promised weekly check-in. I have a version which is running fine on Java 17 / OH 4.x now. It is not completely tested yet and it wonā€™t work on OH 3.x / Java 11 right now which is why I wonā€™t put it on the marketplace before I have put that in next week.
If you are really eager to use it, download it from https://drive.google.com/file/d/19rj6ZSfHHv_Ly6_A_pb0LjzsrS-g6YSb/view?usp=sharing
but keep in mind itā€™s only for 4.x / Java 17 right now.

5 Likes

Awesome, Thank you. Dropped it in and instantly worked.

Same for me.
Copied the jar to the addons folder, entered my email & password then the 2FA code and all working well.
Many Thanks @doktormo

Is working for me, too :+1:

THX

Worked "out of the box :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Many thanx for the update that I have bee desperately waiting for.

I have one blink mini and three blink outdoor cams. All four get recognized by the addon when scanning. The thing section for the blink mini shows the video stream url under ā€œthing propertiesā€ correctly. But in the respective sections of the other three blink outdoor cams there are no urls showing for the video stream. Trying to use the same url as the blink mini but only with the different camera ID does not work as well. So currently I cannot have the outdoor cams included in my setup.

I donā€™t know what happend. But after deleting the cams, rescanning and adding them again for several times I now have a video stream for one of my outdoor cams, but still not for the other two and not for the blink mini cam anymore. It seems I can only get one video stream showing for all my cameras. The other cams then have no video stream listed in their ā€œthing propertiesā€ sections.

Edit: Now after several tries it is obvious: Only the first camera you add as a ā€œthingā€ will list a video stream. All further cameras you add afterwards wonā€™t. But the other channels are working fine on all cameras.

Sorry if this has been addressed anywhere else, but I have been unable to find it if it has.

Have upgraded to OpenHab 4.0.2 and running Java 17

openhabian@Openhab:~ $ java -version
openjdk version "17.0.7" 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1, mixed mode, emulated-client)

I have installed the snapshot Blink binding from the google drive location but am receiving the following error message:

2023-08-21 12:59:30.356 **[ERROR] [internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService] - Error calling Blink API. Reason: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header**

2023-08-21 12:59:30.357 [ERROR] [link.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - Error connecting to Blink servers with given credentials

java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.request(BaseBlinkApiService.java:84) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.apiRequest(BaseBlinkApiService.java:72) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.AccountService.login(AccountService.java:67) ~[?:?]

Unsure where to look / what to try next. Any assistance greatly received.

Thanks

I have the same issue, using OH 4.0.2 and version 4.1.0.202307281538 of the blink add-on. I hope there is an easy resolution as this one is meanwhile exactly one year old. Is there?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Thomas and Dave,

I am currently on vacation. I will try to reproduce the issue when I get back.

Matthias

1 Like

Hi Matthias,

thank you very much for the Blink Binding.

Yesterday, I got my Blink cameras and a Sync Module, unfortunately I am struggling to setup the Bridge Thing and I hope you can help me get it running.

My configuration
openhabian@openhabian:~ $ sudo openhab-cli info
Version: 4.0.2 (Build)

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ java -version
openjdk version ā€œ17.0.7ā€ 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 17.0.7+7-Raspbian-1deb11u1rpt1, mixed mode, emulated-client)

What I did so far

• Installed the Binding from the Marketplace - marketplace:132328
  • Added the ā€œBlink Kontoā€ Thing

My Problem

• the thing is offline and shows the following error:
    COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Failed making field ā€˜java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter#printerParserā€™ accessible; either change its visibility or write a custom TypeAdapter for its declaring type

• The 2FA failed with the following error:

HTTP ERROR 500 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to do 2FA without a login

URI: /blink/6de83ee6e8
MESSAGE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to do 2FA without a login
SERVLET: org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.servlet.AccountVerificationServlet
CAUSED BY: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to do 2FA without a login

I hope you can guide me through the process to get my thing online or point me to a documentation which might help me.

Thank you Dominik

my problem is solved.

I installed the jar from the google.drive and it works fine.

Should my blink minis show a video stream url under properties in the current version? Iā€™m using the official release version, not any jars. Iā€™m also on OH 3. Thanks

@doktormo

For your info - I have found the cause of the issue. Strange error message but the reason was my email address was incorrectly set. Had to change in the OpenHAB thing and reset password in the Blink App for it to pick up the change, but after that all was good and got the 2FA question then was connected. Thanks.

I use 4 blink cameras. After upgrade to OH4 I get the following error from time to time:

2023-09-04 14:52:53.709 [ERROR] [link.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - Blink Account is going offline after communication error
java.io.IOException: Blink API Call unsuccessful <Status 409>
	at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.createRequestAndSend(BaseBlinkApiService.java:119) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.request(BaseBlinkApiService.java:80) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService.apiRequest(BaseBlinkApiService.java:72) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.service.CameraService.motionDetection(CameraService.java:52) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.blink.internal.handler.CameraHandler.handleCommand(CameraHandler.java:101) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor716.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:147) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.proxy637277.$Proxy637409.handleCommand(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:85) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:147) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]

The activation and deactivation of the cameras is done by the ā€œmotiondetectionā€ switch item (one item for each camera). I use version 4.1.0.202307281538 of the blink add-on.

I also had a problem adding the 4. camera (Failed to create thumbnail servlet). As i donā€™t need the thumbnail servlet within OH4 I have deleted the thumbnail items to solve this error.

So I only need support for the ā€œBlink Account is going offline after communication error ā€¦ Blink API Call unsuccessful <Status 409>ā€

Is it possible to ignore that error (it seems that the binding is still working after the error) or do you have a solution to remove the error?

Hi, is there any update regarding the missing profile issue? Whenever I want to link the channel to an item there is no profile available. So I canā€™t use this very useful channel :frowning:
Thanks in advance!

Thanks works great !

@doktormo, do you have a chance to look into the issue (greyed out profile options for Motion Trigger channel) Iā€™m seeing? Do you need any further details?
Thanks in advance!

Hi all
I currenlty have OH 4.0.3 running, and Iā€™m trying to have Blink Binding working with no luck.
I installed binding from marketplace, created ā€œBlink Accountā€ thing and entered my Blink account login and pwd, but what i get is the following error:

COMMUNICATION_ERROR

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

Tried to delete thing and recreate it, but the result is the same.
Can anyone help me to understand what Iā€™m doing wrong?
Thanks and regards
Marco