Blink Security Camera Binding

Hi & happy new year!

I am running the 3.3.0 version for a couple of days now and had again some (2-3)

Blink API Call unsuccessful <Status 409>

errors :cry:.
Did you also encounter this behaviour?

Hi Sascha,

I am currently working on an error handling that attempts a reconnect after refreshInterval after any communication error. Patience pls :slight_smile:

Hi Sascha,
thanks for the update.
Looking forward to the next version :slight_smile:

Hi all,

the newest version is online through the link.
Thanks to Sascha, everything should work smoothly now.

All the best
Matthias

Good morning Matthias and Sascha,

thank you both so much for this new version!
I got the new version running for 3d now and didn’t get any Status 409 anymore :slight_smile:

But in my logs I found new message:

Error calling Blink API. Reason: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header internal.service.BaseBlinkApiService

Are you aware of this?

I also saw that you’ve added the trigger for a movement recognition with is awesome! I haven’t tested it yet but will do soon.

Thanks again for your fantastic work!

Thank you all for an excellent binding.The issues I’m having is that I can’t discover a blink mini camera that I have. And, I don’t know where to find the thumbnails so I can display them on the sight map. I haven’t been able to find much documentation. Can anyone assist?
Thanks again.

Can confirm. Device discovery only shows my mobile XT2 cameras, not my blinkminis. Are we doing something wrong?

I’m afraid I don’t have a blink mini. There must be a difference in how they are displayed in the homescreen api call.
Any chance you have experience with a tool like Postman?

EDIT: Alright, I found out Blink minis are “sync-less”, so I will have to implement a different way to auto-discover them. However, for that I would really need the response of the API call from someone with a mini.

Hi Todd,
since I don’t use sitemaps anymore, I might not be of much help.
You can find the url for the thumbnail in the thing properties. Hope this helps.

Hi Matthias,

That part I know. What I don’t know is where the thumbnails are stored.Since we use blink’s service, I imagine they are on their server, but where do I find that URL. Is it my local system when I download them from the server? That would seem labor intensive to display a current thumbnail…

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

when you call the URL on your OH instance, the binding retrieves the latest thumbnail from the blink servers using the authentication information from the account bridge.

This is transient, no images are stored locally.

Matthias account

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the information. What I am having trouble with is WHAT URL do I put in the field on openhab? I can’t seem to find the address so my system knows where to get the image from.

Also, do I understand correctly, that the battery level is not a measurement that monitors the level of charge in the battery, but a “switch” that triggers when the battery gets to a certain level?

Todd

Hi Matthias,

I’d like to contribute. I have a spare blink mini. We can create a test account for this and add it to your setup. I know Postman, but I am not a developer. So my knowledge isn’t that deep. Are you from Germany too? We can talk in discord maybe? I am in the openhab technical support channel.

Hi Radza,

I just sent you a friend request in Discord. I’m sure we can figure this out.
You could help me by creating a Postman Request with the following parameters which can be found in the Bridge properties:
URL: https://rest-{tier}.immedia-semi.com/api/v3/accounts/{accountId}/homescreen
Header: Key: token-auth, Value: {token}

If you’re using your own account, please ofuscate all your ids (even though I won’t be able to do anything with them, but still) and send me the response as a pm.

Thanks,
Matthias

Just to say thanks for this.
It’s the final piece in my home automation jigsaw.

Downloaded the jar, entered my account details and 5 minutes later had it working.
3 sync modules, 13 cameras and only the 2 mini’s not giving me thumbnails which isn’t a problem as I can still arm them.
Excellent work, thank you !

stay tuned, doktormo build a new version with blink mini support. we are currently testing :slight_smile: looks good so far

Hello everybody,

thanks for sticking with the binding and all your input.

I have published the binding to the OpenHAB marketplace. All new versions will be published there in the future as well as a stable version which will be submitted to the official OpenHAB bindings. If you have installed a previous version, you need to remove it from the addons directory and add the one from the marketplace afterwards (you might have to refresh your cache so the addon shows up).

The newest version now has support for blink minis. These do not provide battery or temperature channels and the support for setThumbnail is still experimental. Thank you very much, _radza, for your help in providing this functionality.

Have fun and please provide feedback,
Matthias

Hey Matthias, please have a look at discord. I send you some logs.

Excellent work.
Quick question though and I am willing to help with the documentation.
I added the Binding from the Marketplace and authenticated my application. (After I rebooted my system that’s when I received my PIN)
My Items are now listed after I did a Scan.

SO my question - how do I use these with HABPanel? Do I have to add the blinkpy now?

Hi Brian,

there should be no need for blinkpy. You can use the item’s switches, states and images as you would with any other items.
For example, to arm a camera, just add the switch for the arm channel of the item.

Hope this helps,
Matthias