Blockly - can't find/pick some items

Hello!
i’m on openhab 4.1 and i’m trying some things with blockly (for the first time).
now here’s my problem: i can’t find some items…

here are some textual configured items:

Group   piCoreK         "Musik Küche"                       {alexa="Speaker"}
Player	piCoreK_control "Küche Control" (piCoreK)		    { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:control", alexa="Playback" }
Switch  piCoreK_power                   (piCoreK)           { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:power", alexa="PowerState" }

String  piCoreK_artist                                      { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:artist" }
String  piCoreK_title                                       { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:title" }
String  piCoreK_remoteTitle                                 { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:remotetitle" }
String  piCoreK_stream                                      { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:stream" }

Dimmer  piCoreK_volume   "Küche Volume" (piCoreK)           { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:volume", alexa="VolumeLevel" }
Image   piCoreK_albumArt                                    { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:coverartdata" }

String  piCoreK_PlayFavorite                                { channel="squeezebox:squeezeboxplayer:unRaid:piCoreK:playFavorite" }

but i can’t find/pick the items which are members of group piCoreK (showing also non-semantic):

and not showing non-semantic:

what exactly am i missing? :confused:

thanks for any help!

I think there was a bug I saw go by related to this. IIRC there is a combo of being non-semantically tagged and the Item having metadata that makes it not show up in the Item picker. If this is the case I think the only way to work around it is one of the following:

• upgrade to the latest 4.2 snapshot or at least the latest 4.2 milestone release
  • add a semantic tag to the Item, at least long enough for it to show up in the picker
  • open the code tab and manually edit the Item name from there

this would be my preferred solution but i couldn’t even find out how to manually edit the blockly code.
when accessing the script via MainUI
it says

You have to go to the code-tab of the rule and scroll down: Open the rule (not the action) and near the top-right corner you see the code tab.

But don’t forget to make a copy of your rule as a backup.
And: To filter items you have to first select “show non semantic” and then enter your filter. The other way around doesn’t work.

1 Like

oh - sorry, i totally forgot to mention that i’m setting up a script and not a rule.
is there also a way to manually edit a script?

Hi,

did you try to search for the label?

Have a good weekend!
HFM

Unfortunately not yet.

yes, see my last screenshot in opening post.

i’ll try

tomorrow!

Just to be clear as I was never aware about this, Rich, we have that issue in 4.1 but it was fixed in 4.2 or is it yet to be corrected?

I have no idea if it’s fixed in 4.2 but the Item picker is the generic one used everywhere in MainUI, right? There was an Issue and PR that changed something like the problem reported here. So it’s probably fixed in 4.2 but I’m not running 4.2 and even if I were I don’t have any items that are not showing up so probably couldn’t great it anyway.

solved my problem! so i’ll take this approach and wait for stable 4.2!

thanks