Bosch Thermostat Device ID?

Dear all,
I am a new openhab user and tried and failed to integrate my new Bosch Smart Home System. I have one controller and a few thermostat II.

My Problem is now that I can’t find out the correct device IDs or I have maybe another problem why the devices cannot be integrated.

The Status is:

• the Bosch world works fine. The thermostats are connect to the controller and everything works fine using the Bosch App.
  • „Bosch Smart Home Binding“ is installed in openhab (raspberry)
  • the bridge to the BSC is created and online. After the creation a new mobile device was created in the controller.
  • BSH Controller and openhab are of the latest stable versions.

Now I want to create a new thing for the first thermostat, but I do not know what to insert into the field ID.

I read that the ID should be shown in the log file after initializing the bridge, but there are no entries.

Logging:
openhabian@shome:~ $ tail -n 1000 -f /var/log/openhab/openhab.log /var/log/openhab/events.log | grep -i bosch
2022-12-24 15:16:53.810 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘boschshc:shc:7cb36098c1’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2022-12-24 15:16:53.894 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘boschshc:shc:7cb36098c1’ changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
2022-12-24 15:17:10.514 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘boschshc:shc:7cb36098c1’ changed from UNKNOWN to ONLINE

Putting in just the number below the ZigBee EUI-64 (e.g. 18CF……) did not work either.

There was already a simular posting but no reply. I home Someone cat help me.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the openHAB community!

Two things to try:

1. Increase the log level (Logging | openHAB).
  2. Restart openHAB (‘Bosch IDs for found devices are displayed in the openHAB log on bootup’).

Thank you very much for the quick reply, I have increased the log level for the package to debug and it showed the IDs after restart of the service.

For those who are searching as well: The ID to be used is the ZigBee EUI-64 number which is printed on the device and can be looked up in the app under device, too. The structure of the ID is „hdm:ZigBee:18fc26XXXXXXXXXX“.

Great support, many thanks!

Sorry for asking a side question: Ist it possible to integrate the mentioned bosch thermostate II without the Bosch controller?

Zigbee2mqtt seems to work https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/14926

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.