Bricked a working system trying to reuse items and things files. Not working

Hi all,

I have been playing with OH2 for a little while. I bricked my RPi 3b+ system and reinstalled. Now when I am trying to use my old item and things files I am getting some strange activity.

In particular my unifi, nest, and ecobee setups arent returning any data to my OH server. I am mostly concentrating on the unifi setup because it is the only one doing anything haha. Everytime I restart it just seems to do this

018-12-09 21:09:08.865 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link ‘jaredsphoneIP-unifi:wirelessClient:home:jaredsphone:ipAddress’ has been added.

2018-12-09 21:09:08.869 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link ‘jaredsphoneUptime-unifi:wirelessClient:home:jaredsphone:uptime’ has been added.

I searched that but didn’t understand how to fix this. I am OK with rebuilding everything if someone could just point me in the right direction as to how to get these things sorted out.

I do not have any errors reported and I have verified every setup to be accurate.

Thanks
Jared

I can’t speak to unifi and ecobee; however when it comes to Nest if you don’t have the secret file that is leveraged in talking to the API, you need to go through the setup process again to authorize your Pi to communicate to the nest api again.

There is nothing wrong with that.
It only means that an item is linked with that channel.
Find the channel on paperUI and check which item is linked. Remove the link if necessary.

Have you restored these files too?

Under: userdata\jsondb

org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.Item.json
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.Metadata.json
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemThingLink.json
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json
thing_status_storage.json

In this files the settings which are configured via GUI are stored.

I did not restore those. I’ll add them from the backups.

I get a handler missing error is what I was able to see this morning. I’ll try the files mentioned above and see where that gets me.

Thanks
Jared

Put those files in and get this. Thoughts?

2018-12-10 13:14:38.732 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Error writing JsonDB to /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json. Cause /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json (Permission denied).

Thanks
Jared

Looks like the permission are wrong now. I’m not a linux guy, maybe someone else can help you how to check and fix this.