Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

1. Yes
  2. Yes

Hello,
I’ve installed this jar on OH 2.5.3. Broadlink RM2 thing added and configured. Can read temperature but when sending command - getting error without any details, even with log:set debug org.openhab.binding.broadlink

12:32:17.362 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'BroadlinkRM2_Command' received command AC_AUTO
12:32:17.448 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - BroadlinkRM2_Command predicted to become AC_AUTO
12:32:17.474 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - BroadlinkRM2_Command changed from NULL to AC_AUTO
12:32:17.496 [DEBUG] [.handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel2Handler] - rm2:aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff[^]: AC_AUTO
12:32:17.508 [ERROR] [.handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel2Handler] - rm2:aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff[^]: Broadlink RM2 [1.2.3.4]

Hi friends,
Hope you and your families are all well and healthy.
Does this binding works with the Broadlink RM4 Pro?
I just added the binding to my OpenHAB 2.5.3 system, but when I search for my RM4 Pro in the Inbox, it is not found.

Hi @mjeshurun -
It’s probably not recognised by the binding because of a missing identification code.
If you’re able to check your OpenHAB logs, you should hopefully find a message with something like "Device identifying itself as 'XXXX' is not currently supported. Please report this to the developer!"

If you can find this line, please reply back here with the ‘XXXX’ value, and I’ll add it as an RMx Remote device. I don’t know if it adds any capabilities over other older RMx devices - if so, that will take a bit longer/more effort to add support. But one step at a time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi John,
Thank you for the explanation :slight_smile:
I was able to find the error message on my OpenHAB log.
“Device identifying itself as ‘24994’ is not currently supported. Please report this to the developer!”
Hope you can fix this. I don’t think the RM4 Pro has any new special features.

New binding version for OpenHAB 2.5.x:

BETA 4 is now available for download:
https://github.com/themillhousegroup/openhab2-addons/releases/download/BROADLINK_2.5.BETA_04/org.openhab.binding.broadlink-2.5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

This includes support for all (known) variants of the RM4 remote blaster - namely the RM4 Pro, RM4b, RM4c and RM4 Mini (really Broadlink, really?)

As usual please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Cheers,
John

4 Likes

Hi John,
Thanks for the updated plugin.
OpenHAB now recognizes my device in the inbox, but i’m getting an “ERROR: 409 - Conflict” message when trying to add the thing.
Looks like the device isn’t fully recognized. Under the Broadlink RM4… title, it’s showing “Unknown device” (see screenshot).

409 conflict typically means there are remnants of your previous thing. It may not have been completely uninstalled. You may need to go into the REST api interface and make sure it’s fully removed.

Thanks for the explanation, @KidSquid.
I never added any Broadlink devices as things to my OpenHAB system before.
So I’m not sure what could cause the conflict

Sometimes just copying over the top of an existing .jar doesn’t cleanly upgrade.

It’s probably best to do it in discrete steps:

• move the Broadlink .jar file out of your addons directory
  • let OpenHAB “recover” from that binding being unloaded (watch the logs until they are quiet)
  • then move the .jar back into addons.
2 Likes

Actually that’s what I did and I still got the error message.
A day or two before you shared beta 4 of the binding I deleted beta 3 from my OpenHAB addons folder and then I restarted the OpenHAB system.
So, based on your explanation, the system should have “recovered” prior to me moving Beta 4 into the addons folder. Shouldn’t it?

I know I’ve seen the 409 - Conflict error before, but can’t quite remember the context.

Sounds like you’ve done the right thing regarding upgrading your .jar @mjeshurun - I’d suggest poking around the PaperUI, in particular under the Configuration > Things list.

You might find some remnants of an old Thing that you’ll need to manually delete using the bin icon and/or restart OpenHAB again. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, but I’m pretty sure it’s something like that :slight_smile:

@themillhousegroup
I think the conflict issue might come from a bug in the Broadlink binding file.
I just tried adding the RM4 Pro using Beta 4 version of the binding in a new OpenHAB installation on my mac and it gave me the same “Error 409 - Conflict” message.
I didn’t add any other Thing to this OpenHAB installation and yet adding the RM4 Pro failed, showing the same error message as I got on my Raspberry 4 system.
This makes me assume the “409 - Conflict” message might not be caused by remnants of old Things.

Hello,

I have openhab running z-wave binding with many things.
I also have the broadlink RM pro and would like to integrate it with openhab.
Reading this lon thred I am not sure on which point to start, Is there within this thread or other thread a simple guide on what required to install and how to control broadlink through openhab?

Thanks for help

Hi,

Can someone explain please how to install the latest version?
What I should do with the jar file?

Thanks

Place it in your ADDONS folder

ok, thanks. will do.
Do I need also to add MQTT binding?
What else I need? Are there a steps to go through?

Hey Yehuda,
Were you able to successfully add your Broadlink RM Pro to your OpenHAB system as a Thing, or did you also get the “409 - Conflict” message?
Thanks.

Hi,

I am running broadlink binding for RM2 and configure everything (learn codes, item, sitemap, broadlink.map)
I tried a simple TV on/off switch but got the following error and have no idea what the meaning and how to proceed. Can anyone please help me with this?

2020-04-26 22:39:20.286 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘TV_ON’ received command TV_POWER_ON
2020-04-26 22:39:20.292 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - TV_ON predicted to become TV_POWER_ON
2020-04-26 22:39:20.316 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TV_ON changed from NULL to TV_POWER_ON
2020-04-26 22:39:20.321 [ERROR] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel2Handler] - rm2:78-0f-77-18-0d-57[^]: Broadlink RM2 [192.168.3.30]
2020-04-26 22:39:30.049 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘TV_ON’ received command TV_POWER_OFF
2020-04-26 22:39:30.057 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - TV_ON predicted to become TV_POWER_OFF
2020-04-26 22:39:30.080 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TV_ON changed from TV_POWER_ON to TV_POWER_OFF
2020-04-26 22:39:30.087 [ERROR] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel2Handler] - rm2:78-0f-77-18-0d-57[^]: Broadlink RM2 [192.168.3.30]

Hi all,
first of all, thanks a lot for this great binding. I’m using it with an RM Pro+ (US model bought March 2020) and it works awesome with all my IR devices.

I want to share an answer from Broadlink support about supported RF frequency of the RM Pro+ with you:

My question was:

"…
Model: RM pro+
FCC ID: 2ACDZ-RMPRO

It works great with all my IR remote controls (e.g. TV, Tuner, etc.), but does NOT work at all with all my RF devices:

- 3 Fanimation ceiling fans, Model: “Slinger v2, FM002, LP8147S” with remote model “TR39”
- 6 Fanimation ceiling fans, Model: “Zonic, LP8177” with remote model “CR500”
- 1 Liftmaster RV garage door opener: Model “8587WL” with remote control model “880LMW”
- 1 Liftmaster 2-car garage door opener: Model “8355W” with remote control model “886LM”
- 1 CAR2U bridge to convert the CAR2U transmitter, which is fixed installed in my car, to Liftmaster RF frequency
*- 2 URC-2068BC2-R remote controls for ARRIS TV cable receiver (Suddenlink)

I’ve done some google search and found the following information:

The FCC file shows, that the Broadlink RM pro+ uses (here in the US) the 2 RF frequencies 315 MHz and 433 MHz. But all RF remote devices I own (and a lot of other people also) are using 304 MHz as the RF remote control frequency. This looks like a typical frequency for such type of RF remote controls (ceiling fans, etc.).

Do I have a change to control these 304 MHz using devices with the Broadlink RM pro+? The ability to control these devices, was the main reason for me to buy this RM pro+. Maybe, there is a new firmware update to enable the RM pro+ to control these devices also (I already tried to update the firmware of the RM pro+ with the “ihc” Android app, but it’s says, that it is actual version “43”)? If not, it would be a good idea to support this RF frequency beside the already supported 315 MHz and 433 MHz."

Here is the answer from Broadlink support:

"

We understand your concern, however, it is regretful to inform you that RM Pro+ only supports IR 38K remote learning as well as RF 315/433 Mhz (RF: 315 MHz range: 305-335MHz and 433 MHz range: 430-440MHz. ) unencrypted code and your appliance frequency which is not matched. So, it will not be supported by any RM devices.

Also, the IR/RF range doesn’t determine the compatibility of an appliance with the BroadLink device. There are numerous other technical factors that determine the successful linking of any appliance.

"

It’s too bad, that the scan range is between 305 and 335MHz - just 1-2MHz on the lower end are missing to be able to support all this “cheap” 303.875Mhz (304MHz) RF devices…

I’ve red here (http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30447.0), that the RF chip inside the Broadlink RM Pro+ is able to use frequency from 290MHz to 1GHz - so I’m sure, that with a small firmware update it would be possible to support all the 304MHz devices… a really annoying situation.

Just wanted to share this with you.

Frank