Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

Where ? Can you show me a screenshot?

Best Regards,

This is my .thing entry:

Thing broadlink:bg1:LoungeSocket "Lounge Socket" [ mac="24-df-xx-xx-xx-xx", staticIp=true, ipAddress="192.168.1.xxx", port=80, pollingInterval=30 ]

This is what I see in Settings → Things

And this is the thing itself

does anyone know how to get the code from the broadlink rm 4 mini remote control without using pyton-broadlink? I could not configure the remote via the long pyton-broadlink and mqtt-broadlink instructions. I don’t have the knowledge to do that. I want to use binding for broadlink and write the remote control codes to the broadlink.map file. Is there an easy way to get the codes from the RM4 mini remote? I found on this forum how you can get codes from the remote RM1/2 using the bridge, but this does not work with the RM4 mini

Just to be sure - to get the codes for the remote you don’t need both python-broadlink and broadlink-mqtt - you only need the first one. From this tutorial, you would only need to follow:

• Install python-broadlink
  • Teach remote codesClick to teach via python-broadlink
    • You can stop after the command print(packet.hex()) - that provides the string you’ll need for the map file

Hello Tell me please. I’m trying to get the code via Teach via python-broadlink.

print(devices)
answer-[broadlink.remote.rm4mini((‘192.168.0.102’, 80), mac=b’$\xdf\xa7Oq\x98’, devtype=25278, timeout=10, name=‘智能遥控’, model=‘RM4C mini’, manufacturer=‘Broadlink’, is_locked=True)]
devices[0].auth()
answer-Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/broadlink-0.17.0-py3.7.egg/broadlink/device.py”, line 187, in auth
check_error(response[0x22:0x24])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/broadlink-0.17.0-py3.7.egg/broadlink/exceptions.py”, line 151, in check_error
raise exception(error_code)
broadlink.exceptions.AuthenticationError: [Errno -1] Authentication failed
What am I doing wrong why doesn’t it return me True?

Probably because of this:

is_locked=True

Your devices are paired with the cloud, which locks the devices and means nothing else can communicate with them.

You have a number of ways of unpairing. You will need to fully reset your device. Two methods for connecting your device to WiFi but not too the broadlink servers are described in the tutorial in the section Connect RM4C Mini to wifi

Sorry, been busy this week.

The size if different because I did some more tweaking - not sure if I made it better or worse…

Your authentication issue could be the same as @hafniumzinc points out above. For my sockets I had to remove them from the BG Home app, reset the plug, get most of the way through adding it to but - crucially - not add it to a room and quit the app.

This will obviously break you Amazon integration and the binding is very flakey so proceed at risk

Some more details here

1 Like

That’s great, thanks.

I think the size difference must have been some sort of download error. Once I downloaded it again it was the same size as yours and it worked.

I’m ok with breaking the Alexa workaround in pursuit of integrating directly so I’ll try removing it from the app.

Thanks for all the work so far.

Hi,

The Power consumption is working for anyone?

I have deleted the device from the BG app and set it up using the Broadlink app as suggested. I have put the device in “Unlocked” but I’m still getting the Couldn’t authenticate error about every 45 seconds (which is what my refresh time is set to).

There is a gap in the log that ties in with the times where I had the device in AP mode to set it up in the Broadlink app suggesting the binding is successfully connecting to the socket, just not authenticating. Similarly, if I block the device from WiFi, the log messages stop appearing and resume once the WiFi connection is restored.

I’m interested in it too
i use both pro and rm mini
thank you…

Hello.Tell me please.I managed to set up the binding and get the codes via python broadlink.I installed the map transformation and wrote the codes to the broadlink.map file.I don’t use the sitemap interface.I use the main interface of openhab 3. I did not find instructions on how to configure the remote control in the new interface of openhab 3. please tell me how to do it.how to link item and codes broadlink.map?

I assume you did already set up the Thing etc.?
If so, you will need to create an item to send the IR codes to your broadlink device.
I did setup different items for each action, but you could also use a single one and rules for it.
Example item that I got for my TV:

The state description here tv_power links to the IR code for POWER (ON/OFF has only one code).
This item links to my Broadlink Thing:

I have an RF fan remote I would like to control but the learning of it is proving to be a little tricky. It cycles through from low, medium, high, meaning when the verify code prompts, it sends a different code - anyone come up with a solution for this?

Using windows app based Broadlink Manager
https://sourceforge.net/projects/broadlink-manager/files/Windows%207/Version%201.0.0.1/

@themillhousegroup The power consumption, in SP3S remains null. Can I help debugging?

1 Like

I am still on OH2.5.5 trying to reinstall the binding for my RM3 mini but it does not discover the device. I followed all possible instructions I could find in the formus. I tried different 2.5 versions of the add-on (always removing the previous addon ‘org.openhab.binding.broadlink-2.5.1-SNAPSHOT’, ‘org.openhab.binding.broadlink-2.5.0-SKUMPIC’, beta9.1, beta17 ). In Paperport searching/scanning for the device does not lead to errors. Manually adding it leads to ‘OFFLINE Couldn’t find statically-IP-addressed device’.
The log does not say much ‘Broadlink discovery service construced’, ‘ended broadlink device scan’. I even purchased a new RM3 mini thinking my old device is broken but same results. What can I try? The device is online (shows up in my router, has an IP address and is working fine via IHC app). What else could be wrong? I wonder If I have remains of an old installation (but used the bundle:list, then bundle:uninstall XXX commands to remove the binding; always restarted openhab multiple times after uninstall and reinstall).

hey guys.please tell me who has a remote widget for items broadlink? and the second question please tell me how to write a command for the remote in the rule?for example, turn on the TV. I tried Power_TV.SendCommand(ON) this command but it doesn’t work!

Can anybody help me with my installation/discovery issue? Any ideas what the issue could be?

Probably not your issue, but I had troubles before with my wifi controller (Aruba).
Two kinds of issues actually:
–SSID with the same name but on 2 different band 2.4G and 5G
–Also, and more difficult to detect, I guess the discovery use some kind of broadcast to find the devices. Not sure about that, but I had to deactivate some features on my controller (multicast optimization or something like that)

Hello,
RM4 Pro on OpenHAB 3.0.2 with Broadlink binding v3,1Beta5.

The Broadlink device was discovered automatically but authentication is failed with the following error:
2021-04-30 17:12:58.367 [ERROR] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - Broadlink Exception:
java.net.ProtocolException: Response from device is not valid. (0x22=0xFF,0x23=0xFF,0x24=0xFF)
at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.internal.BroadlinkProtocol.decodePacket(BroadlinkProtocol.java:195) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.decodeDevicePacket(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:179) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.authenticate(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:139) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.transitionToOnline(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:262) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.updateItemStatus(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:215) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler$1.run(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:103) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Any idea what went wrong?