Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

No, you can store key/value pairs, e.g. the shortcut as key and the code as value.

found the latest 2.5.x jar put it in the addons folder but when i scan at PaperUI i get

2021-07-09 15:56:19.700 [WARN ] [.discovery.BroadlinkDiscoveryService] - BroadlinkDiscoveryService - Beginning Broadlink device scan...

2021-07-09 15:56:19.706 [WARN ] [internal.discovery.DiscoveryProtocol] - Beginning async Broadlink device scan; will wait 10000 ms for responses

2021-07-09 15:56:19.722 [WARN ] [internal.discovery.DiscoveryProtocol] - Broadlink device scan waiting for 10000 ms to complete ...

2021-07-09 15:56:19.756 [ERROR] [nding.broadlink.internal.ModelMapper] - Device identifying itself as '25914' (0x653a) is not currently supported. Please report this to the developer!

2021-07-09 15:56:19.758 [ERROR] [nding.broadlink.internal.ModelMapper] - Join the discussion at https://community.openhab.org/t/broadlink-binding-for-rmx-a1-spx-and-mp-any-interest/22768/616

2021-07-09 15:56:29.726 [WARN ] [internal.discovery.DiscoveryProtocol] - Device scan: wait complete ...

2021-07-09 15:56:29.728 [WARN ] [internal.discovery.DiscoveryProtocol] - Ended Broadlink device scan...

2021-07-09 15:56:29.731 [INFO ] [link.internal.socket.BroadlinkSocket] - Socket closed

2021-07-09 15:56:29.733 [INFO ] [.discovery.BroadlinkDiscoveryService] - Discovery complete. Found 0 Broadlink devices

so my device is not supported?I read above in the thread that people is using rm4mini with this binding…is it a matter of newer firmware?
when i try to add it manually i get

2021-07-09 15:54:08.966 [ERROR] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - rm4:742ec2a5[v]: Authentication failed: 

2021-07-09 15:54:08.969 [ERROR] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - Broadlink Exception: 

java.net.ProtocolException: Response from device is not valid. (0x22=0xFF,0x23=0xFF,0x24=0xFF)

at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.internal.BroadlinkProtocol.decodePacket(BroadlinkProtocol.java:195) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.decodeDevicePacket(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:180) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.authenticate(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:140) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.transitionToOnline(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:263) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.updateItemStatus(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:216) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler$1.run(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:104) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_282]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:1.8.0_282]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_282]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:1.8.0_282]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_282]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_282]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_282]

2021-07-09 15:54:08.976 [ERROR] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - rm4:742ec2a5[v]: Attempting to authenticate prior to getting device status FAILED. Will mark as offline

2021-07-09 15:54:08.979 [WARN ] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - rm4:742ec2a5[v]: Online -> Offline due to: Couldn't authenticate

The new binding with rm4mini is only running with oh 3.1
Try an update to stable relase…

i dont have plans to upgrade my openhab yet…i just want to on/off my air conditions ,is there another way to do it with RM4 MINI and openhab?

For openHAB 2.5 find it here in archive, not as latest, but “beta 17”: Releases · themillhousegroup/openhab2-addons · GitHub
As far as I rememer, it supports sending an IR command, which you need to put together with other tools. No teaching. That version also supports reading temp/hum sensors from specialized USB cable, when available.

If you can’t get the binding just use an external program like I did.

I installed the jar file and created a thing etc but how to learn the codes is not obvious so I have given up.
The Broadlink was online etc.

I’m doing the same as @ubeaut - using broadlink-mqtt. Setup is quite involved though…

The way I am doing it isn’t that complicated. (I can’t work out the binding way yet)
Once the codes are learnt it is simple. I just send the commands via mqtt.

It’s not complicated in openHAB if you know what you’re doing with MQTT. The initial setup outside of openHAB, though, requires some fair technical experience, so could be more daunting for a lot of users than just upgrading to OH3 and running the binding. All very dependent on personal setups, experiences and goals!

I send you yeserday a link where is a step by step manual from coder of this indig… in this thread post - #1453

That link you sent took me to screenshots which didn’t make sense and didn’t look like I was looking at. That is what threw me.

I have found the instructions here:

Now I can see how it works but it doesn’t autoupdate the learn file (broadlink.map) nor does the check the last IR learned.

So yes it sort of works:

I must be still not understanding something else.
I thought it updated the learn file now?
I manually added the IR code and gave it a command line and that worked as well.

How did you send the command from the remote widget?

omg…reading this thread confused me a lot…installing the binding learning the commands,mqtt,using external programs…omg!I just want a clear answer,if i upgrade to openhab 3.1 is it easier to use this binding? what are the steps to send on/off commands to my airconditioners from RM4 mini using openhab ?I have already setup my devices through broadlink android app and also been able to use Google Assistant to command them…

Yes I am confused as well. the original post was 2017.
I have it working but don’t know how to get the commands from the remote control widget to the binding items.
It works from the gui.

This isn’t anything to do with the binding then, this is a UI widget configuration issue especially as

You will have to ensure that your personal remote control widget is configured to send commands to the “binding items”. Perhaps start a separate post if you’re having issues there.

@ubeaut
As described here

and here

In the widget you just set the item that is linked to the thing’s command channel. No magic…

Thanks. I finally figured it out.

Hi friends,
Noob question.
Is there a way to define a Setpoint’s up/down buttons to send the RF commands I learned and defined for a particular device?

IR commands are

• either distinct strings sent to Broadlink device, e.g. via map file
  • or result of a calculation that emulates the respective protocol, with result converted to string and sent to Broadlink device.

Neither such options you can link to the Setpoint’s up/down buttons directly - but you might consider a rule. Let’s say your setpoint runs through values in 1.0 steps, you can trigger a rule “on change”, that

• per any such value chooses the correct pre-learnt string (“case”)
  • or takes that Setpoint value as parameter into a formula for full IR string calculation, which is finally promoted to Broadlink device as command. Such was presented here a while ago: Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest? - #751 by daJoe, where a bunch of settings, incl. AC_set_temp, is merged to a single long command string in the expected AC device crazy IR protocol. Maybe not correct maths for your device, but illustrates the path I am suggesting.
    Covers hundreds of combinations for that AC device with a few sitemap items without a single map entry.
1 Like

Thanks, Carl, I’ll look into what you shared :pray::pray: