Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

Thanks @chrismast

This is awesome, could you please put a few words around it as I’m unsure of the image order under “Example - Power Switch” say I don’t have any of the Example - Power Switch config setup, where do I start?

Like I cant figure out how you got the item "Living Room - Samsung TV - IR - Power as a Link beside the command, I cant seem to do that?

The example power switch screenshots are all of the item (sorry should have indicated it) which is linked to the thing’s command channel.

1 Like

[Update: @chrismast got it sorted in minutes, big thank you!]

Thanks for all the help, I’m still missing something.

In the switch I can’t get the item “Living Room - Samsung TV - IR - Power” as a Link beside the command.

I sent you a PM.

1 Like

just to close off here in the post as well.

Had a call with Richard and we walked through setting up the on/off as string, which works.
The switch should also work as long as ON/OFF is in the map file as well (I think that might have been the initial miss).

Glad it works now though!

1 Like

@themillhousegroup The present version of the jar (-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT) does not seem to work in openhab 3.4.0-M5

2022-12-08 11:55:59.312 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.broadlink-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.broadlink [26]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.7.4]
2022-12-08 11:57:21.443 [INFO ] [.discovery.BroadlinkDiscoveryService] - BroadlinkDiscoveryService - Constructed

There seems to be some activity on a 3.4 version at this link, but I can’t find the jar.
Does anybody know something?

Thank you for your attention

This has been merged and will be in 3.4 Stable support for rm mini devices seems to be in this merged binding.

[broadlinkthermostat] Aesthetic rename and add RM Mini by GiviMAD · Pull Request #13412 · openhab/openhab-addons (github.com)

1 Like

solved

hi i have installed Broadlink 3.2 on my oh 3.3.0
I’ve added the broadlink to my Bundle (status: active), add RM3 as thing (status: Active).

problem

Log:

if i’t’s unreadable
“Couldn’t read /etc/openhab/transform/broadlink.map: /etc/openhab/transform/broadlink.map (No such file or directory)”

I found that while search at this topic:
https://community.openhab.org/t/configuring-oh3-for-rm4-via-broadlink-mqtt/121208/3But still can’t find the right answer.
working on it will be happy to advice.
Thanks for any help!

Edit:
Porlbem solved, I’ve created the Broadlink.map file at /etc/openhab/transform
by ‘sudo nano Broadlink.map’
Then I’ve added the Variable name - TV_POWER={IR-CODE}
And it’s worked.

with sudo nano broadlink.map… you open an editor, and with saving you created the file “broadlink.map”… thats the reason… before you got an error message that there was not the recmonended file “broadlink.map”…

Hey,

I am still new to openHAB, but I am starting to find my way around. I’m running OH 3.3 on Win 10; an easy install. I have configured a few simple TP-Link switches (HS-103) and their bindings without issue.

Encouraged, I moved on to the Broadlink RN4 mini. I’ve configured it with the Broadlink app to connect to the local network, confirmed it’s IP and MAC addresses from the router and installed the unofficial binding (Broadlink 3.2 beta1). Using the console, I confirmed the binding is installed and it is active.

When I add the thing, I get “communications_error. Couldn’t Authenticate”. The openhab.log Broadlink discovery error identifies it as an unknown device.

Device identifying itself as ‘21014’ (0x5216) is not currently supported. Please report this to the developer!

The device is a RM4 mini with temperature and humility sensors. I have this suspicion I am overlooking something.

Solved:
Device security setting. Unlock the device from the property’s tab on the app to allow access to others on network.

I have tested the new broadlink binding in OH3.4 and reported my results on my RM mini in this thread. At present I am not able to use my broadlink.map file with previously captured IR codes.

Support for other devices is not available at present but the docs say that support should be possible.

Just want to let you know, that the version 3.2 BETA 1 (version from Jul 7, 2021) from the themillhousegroup/openhab2-addons is still working without issues after migrating from OH 3.3.0 to OH 3.4.0 (via docker image update). I’m using two RM2 devices and the map files with IR and RF codes are still working.

1 Like

Hello Im using OH 3.3 , everything seems to work, but somtimes command are frozen (not sending) and I get this Log Warn:

“2023-01-05 12:29:00.567 [WARN ] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel3Handler] - Online → Offline due to: Couldn’t find statically-IP-addressed device”

I remember that a couple of years ago I had a similar problem with the Broadlink RM3. For me it worked that I ping the RM3 every 60 seconds to keep the network connection alive.

Thank you for creating the binding!
I was able to install and activate the binding on OH 3.4.2 without problems.
However trying to add Broadlink RM4 Pro results in a dreaded “**COMMUNICATION_ERROR** Couldn’t authenticate” problem.
“Lock device” is Off.
Edit, I’ve confirmed that device is accessible using python-broadlink:

device = broadlink.hello('ipaddress')
 device.auth() --> True
 print(device) --> 智能遥控 (Broadlink RM4 pro 0x5213 / ipaddress / macaddress) 

Any ideas on how to debug further?
Thanks all for your help!
- Vadim

I am having problems compiling the jar for OH 3.4.
I basically managed to compile it succesfully, but it does not activate when installing it in my system. There are a lot of changes that happened between the last time i compiled the binding succesfully (OH 3.2) and now, including increassed checks for null annotations, replacement of org.eclipse.smarthome libraries, junit deprecation, mockito deprecation, et etc etc…

Still working on it though.

2 Likes

@Lionello_Marrelli ,
The branch broadlink-binding-3.4.x from https://github.com/rlarranaga/openhab-addons compiles and runs in 3.4.3. I still need to clean up some warnings in it, but it would be good if it can be tested. I am testing it in my system right now too.

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not able to compile from sources. If you give me the link to download the addon jar file to be copied in the add-on directory I can do some test.

I will upload it to github, and let you know