Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

Hi All,

I have just started the openHAB “journey”.

My first challenge is to get the RM3 working, I have it added as a thing and online. [note" I did see mention of “the original Broadlink-setup-process in the app must not be completed for this to work” but Broadlink Manager worked fine for me]

I got the remote command and put it in broadlink.map

SHD_ON = 2600500000012694133712131237121412371337121312131213113813121337121312131337113813121312131311141213121312371213133712371337123713371237131213371200051F0001274A12000D050000000000000000

I’m completely stumped on how to link a switch item to SHD_ON.

thediyiot.com says like this:

Switch item=SHD_Power label="SHD[]" icon="player" mappings=[SHD_ON="ON", SHD_ON="OFF"]

I’m completely stumped on how to get a switch showing up that sends the code when I toggle it.

I mean with the above switch syntax, that supposedly goes into a sitemap and the mappings connects to the broadlink.map, this is where I come unstuck, I’m not familiar with sitemaps yet… I’m also confused because there is no channel link:

sitemap page_e8003c7ff6 label="New Sitemap" {
    Switch item=IR_CONTROL label="SDH[]" icon="switch" mappings=[SDH_ON="ON",SDH_ON="OFF"]
}

How does the “sitemap” switch know to use the Broadlink RM3 channel?

For example if I create a string or switch item then I can add a link to the Broadlink RM3 channel but the sitemap switch item doesn’t allow me to link a channel?

I’m think I’m missing the glue between the sitemap and the channel, please help.

Thanks.
Richard

I think you are missing somewhere the link to the “Thing” as well as the reference to the broadlink.map file (also make sure you installed the map transformation!).
I am not using txt files to create items though anymore (only GUI), hence not 100% sure on the syntax.

EDIT:
Does the normal switch work (without sitemap)?
Your item is called “SHD_Power” correct?
Maybe show us more of your config.

EDIT2:

How does the “sitemap” switch know to use the Broadlink RM3 channel?

The sitemap “knows” it by your item link, in this case SHD_Power (if this is your item)

1 Like

Thanks @chrismast!

Map transformation is installed.

I would rather use the UI :grinning:

With the RMx, say I have a working thing and a single entry (its a toggle) for on/off in broadlink.map, what do I create in the UI to be able to switch the system on/off via the RMx?

I keep “iterating” the config, trying something and then starting that bit again, I cant get it to switch no matter what I do.

The switch item has the channel setup but for the life of me I can’t see a way to bind the switch to the SHD_ON entry in the broadlink.map (the sitemap switch config seems to allow SHD_ON to be referenced using “mappings” but I can’t see that in a switch item)?

I’m probably doing something silly as I’m so new to all of this.

I got an RM4C, but the logic should be the same, below my config that you maybe can copy:

Thing and Channel:

Example - Power Switch:

The broadlink.map is then similar from what you posted command and IR code.

2 Likes

Thanks @chrismast

This is awesome, could you please put a few words around it as I’m unsure of the image order under “Example - Power Switch” say I don’t have any of the Example - Power Switch config setup, where do I start?

Like I cant figure out how you got the item "Living Room - Samsung TV - IR - Power as a Link beside the command, I cant seem to do that?

The example power switch screenshots are all of the item (sorry should have indicated it) which is linked to the thing’s command channel.

1 Like

[Update: @chrismast got it sorted in minutes, big thank you!]

Thanks for all the help, I’m still missing something.

In the switch I can’t get the item “Living Room - Samsung TV - IR - Power” as a Link beside the command.

I sent you a PM.

1 Like

just to close off here in the post as well.

Had a call with Richard and we walked through setting up the on/off as string, which works.
The switch should also work as long as ON/OFF is in the map file as well (I think that might have been the initial miss).

Glad it works now though!

1 Like