Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

No update on this project since 3 months

Can someone help? the THING says it needs a Key and Auth code… theres no instructions on how to get it

To make life easy for people

here it is:

Key = 097628343fe99e23765c1513accf8b02

Vector =562e17996d093d28ddb3ba695a2e6f58

4 Likes

Did anyone manage to transform these words in values? Eg. what is good air quality in VOC?

When configuring the item which has the command, does it have to be a string or can it be a switch?

When i change it to switch I get an error:

12:46:03.611 [WARN ] [.rest.core.internal.item.ItemResource] - Received HTTP POST request at ‘items/Heater’ with an invalid status value ‘HeaterOn’.

The item entry is a String, the sitemap entry is a Switch. The values given in the mappings of the sitemap entry must match the entry in the map file. (typically broadlink.map in these examples).

if you’re still having trouble, please reply and provide the related entries in these 3 files.

1 Like

Its OK, it works fine :slight_smile:

Has anyone used the RM Mini to successfully send multiple IR commands? The creators of my Hisense N7 TV in their infinite wisdom believed they would use a menu to access the HDMI ports and not use discrete buttons.

So, to change my HDMI port from one to another I need to go into the menu, across and then hit OK for example.

I’m wondering how I could accomodate this to create a button in HabPanel and a rule to do this.

uh can someone make a youtube vid on how to get this up on a windows setup
?

‘recently’ several people have written that they downloaded the file and put it in add ins folder but can’t see the binding. I don’t remember seeing any satisfactory answer or help.

there’s a tl;dr version at the bottom of this post.

I had the same problem. However I have added other bindings to the addons folder before and had them picked up ok. So after the obligatory restarting of openhab with it not working I got to thinking what if this was an attack vector. Fake binding and people who in on it spreading fake working comments :slight_smile: so I looked at the file and saw it was an html file with a .jar extension. I was downloading on a mobile device but I had downloaded both Cato’s and mgw’s one and both were html files (of dropbox and git). Something had gone wrong in the downloading but without looking at the file contents it wasn’t obvious. No wonder the binding didn’t show up. I took special care to download and checked the contents and in the end it all works.

Posting this in case others are scratching their heads as to why it is not showing up in bindings after being put into the addons directory.

tl;dr version
binding was being downloaded with the correct name but wrong contents so openhab wouldn’t recognise it. downloaded correctly it works fine.

Mind putting links to the files you downloaded please?

mgw’s one (and one I’m using) https://github.com/themillhousegroup/openhab2-addons/blob/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.broadlink/original-jar/org.openhab.binding.broadlink-2.2.0-BETA2.jar

1 Like

@Cato_Sognen ‘s one: Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

@Roby_W
Hi, double check that you have already installed the Map Transformation addon.
Cheers,
Eduardo

Hi guys,
I’m having troubles while using the binding. It works fine for some time then suddenly the commands stops working and i have to reset the RM mini 3 and add the THING again. Anyone had such issues ? Is there a solution ?

Hello All -

I need some help learning a remote code and all I really need to learn is one code.

I have received my RM3 and have the binding and transformation service all set, the map file is in place.

My challenge is getting the code to turn my VIZIO TV on or off.

I have attempted to use the site provided originally by CATO above

http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/code_learning.html

Yet when I try and enter either the iP or MAC address I see a 404 ERROR in the upper right hand corner of the page.

So does anyone have a way of learning the IR code? I can find the HEX of the code in many different places, yet no way to convert it into something that the Broadlink device can use.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Squid

Hi KidSquid,
you have to add the RM3 manually. Follow these steps:

1. Download the mobile app RM Bridge on your phone
  2. the app will generate a URL with a port. Use this URL in the RM Bridge website in the Step 1
  3. Fill a Name for you device (anything) then fill the device’s MAC address then in the TYPE write RM3
  4. Click on add manually and you should be set

For my setup this is what I have and need:

python-broadlink library
locate.py learn.py and playcode.py scripts (updated with my RM2 details)
broadlink link binding
physical IR or RF controls

I run the learn python script in a command line to learn the codes: run script, RM2 goes into learning mode, I point the physical remote very near the RM2 and press the button, and the script saves the received code to a text file.

I use the playcode python script to test it works.

I put the received code from learned code text file into the broadlink map file so the binding can use it.

As this thread now has so many posts I planned on doing a tutorial but it will take a while since I have other items in my backlog and there’s several ways to get this all working and I want to capture them all. For example, the python-broadlink library includes its own CLI commands for learning, there’s a python library that offers an http api to learn codes (need to test), and a way to get codes from the Broadlink mobile app (needed so I can set up the TC2 switch).

@r4m235
I’m using the original but sometimes the RM3 just stops working. It shows as online in PaperUI but does not work. I have to reset it and add it again so it works.
so do you have RM3’s working on the binding and are you having any issues communicating to the devices ?

I was replying to KidSquids request for learning code help. My binding seems to work ok but I’m doing a lot of stuff atm so at least once a day I’m rebooting the pi or restarting OH. I only have the RM2.

I know the IP address and the MAC address of the RM3…I tried entering both and still the page sends back the 404 error.