Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

This isn’t anything to do with the binding then, this is a UI widget configuration issue especially as

You will have to ensure that your personal remote control widget is configured to send commands to the “binding items”. Perhaps start a separate post if you’re having issues there.

@ubeaut
As described here

and here

In the widget you just set the item that is linked to the thing’s command channel. No magic…

Thanks. I finally figured it out.

Hi friends,
Noob question.
Is there a way to define a Setpoint’s up/down buttons to send the RF commands I learned and defined for a particular device?

IR commands are

• either distinct strings sent to Broadlink device, e.g. via map file
  • or result of a calculation that emulates the respective protocol, with result converted to string and sent to Broadlink device.

Neither such options you can link to the Setpoint’s up/down buttons directly - but you might consider a rule. Let’s say your setpoint runs through values in 1.0 steps, you can trigger a rule “on change”, that

• per any such value chooses the correct pre-learnt string (“case”)
  • or takes that Setpoint value as parameter into a formula for full IR string calculation, which is finally promoted to Broadlink device as command. Such was presented here a while ago: Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest? - #751 by daJoe, where a bunch of settings, incl. AC_set_temp, is merged to a single long command string in the expected AC device crazy IR protocol. Maybe not correct maths for your device, but illustrates the path I am suggesting.
    Covers hundreds of combinations for that AC device with a few sitemap items without a single map entry.
1 Like

Thanks, Carl, I’ll look into what you shared :pray::pray:

I interesting, how you use broadlink in Openhub with google home?

I have problem with loading any 3.1 or 3.2 version of the binding under 3.1 openhaba as described in:

does anyone here had similar problem and has solved it?

using latest stable 3.1 openhab and the latest 3.1M5.4 jar and i discover fine my RM4mini but i get

2021-07-15 15:47:10.029 [WARN ] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - Authentication failed: 
java.net.ProtocolException: Response from device is not valid. (0x22=0xFF,0x23=0xFF)
	at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.internal.BroadlinkProtocol.decodePacket(BroadlinkProtocol.java:192) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.decodeDevicePacket(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:183) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.authenticate(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:143) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.transitionToOnline(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:262) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.updateItemStatus(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:218) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler$1.run(BroadlinkBaseThingHandler.java:109) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
2021-07-15 15:47:10.031 [WARN ] [handler.BroadlinkRemoteModel4Handler] - Online -> Offline due to: Couldn't authenticate

any advice?

See this post, the latest jar file is 3.2.0 and works fine with openhab 3.1

Hello all,

Thank you very much for all the effort of the develop from the binding.
After several days trying and self learning the binding on my OH3 and the 3.2 binding it elf and a RM4 mini. It works now, total happy.

It world be perfect if some could realy could make a picture based installing guide.
Text based is nice but it take to long e.g. What is meaned with recangle bar to press etc…

Additional to that I have a Question:

My IR Remote control for the clima has for Switch on and Switch off, the same IR code.
Do I really need two different commands in the channel of the binding?
I want to do only Switch on and off by a Switch. And additional two rules based on temperature to Switch automatic on and off.

Can someone explain how to do this?

Br
Jochen

if your clima is too old then it uses the same ir code for on and off ,it just toggle power. I have a Panasonic one that is working fine for 30 years but it uses one way communication with the remote and it doesnt resume working after power failure.What i did is to “bind” the ir command with a virtual switch so i can see if the clima is on or off.From there i can create any rule involving the switch state…Notice that if the clima state is changed “manually” by its remote or other way ,that will trouble your rules…cause there is no way to know the real state of the airconditioner.

hello everyone, sorry for my English … for those like me who hit their heads in the error “couldn’t authenticate” the solution is in the smartphone application settings. In the device settings disable unlocking!

5 Likes

It has been taken more than three days to find exactly this settings in the broadlink app,
to find out, that this is was the root case that my binding was not working. OMG.

BR
Jochen

Can I just say @themillhousegroup a massive thank you for this binding that remote learning channel is just THE business it’s made programming a full deck of buttons on a remote so quick and simple. Thanks so much

1 Like

Awesome upgrade! Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello @dastrix80, this forum focuses on broadlink binding for infrared devices, like RM4mini. You report an issue with broadlinkthermostat, which comes with openHAB standard installation … and cares for thermostat devices.
Anyways, your log says that openHAB detected something and tried to create a thing of type unknownbroadlinkthermostatdevice. Maybe your thermostat device type is not known (yet)? The team around the broadlinkthermostat binding might be interested in more details, e.g. your device type, etc.

1 Like

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to turn on my subwoofer from OpenHab, which has an IR remote.
I tried LIRC on Raspberry Pi and have sunk a huge amount of time into it. In particular because the subwoofer’s IR code is not to be found in any database online and I failed trying to read/learn it from the remote control itself.

I am now looking to buy an IR bridge, which will easily let me learn IR codes/commands from my remote and then control it from OpenHab. The Broadlink devices seem like a good bang for the buck.

Some questions regarding them:

1. Will these let me read the IR commands? Is this easy to set up with OpenHab?
  2. If so: Are the IR commands stored on the device itself? I ask, because I have seen that there is an Android App for setup. Is this interoperable with OpenHab, so that I can set things up with the App and then control things from OpenHab?
  3. Does anyone have experience with the RM4 Pro and its 433Mhz remote control functionality? If so: Is this easily trainable/configurable?

Thanks and best,
Michael

Can anyone tell me if you can use the remote learning channel for RF- not just IR?

@michaelmell

1.) Yes, you will be able to read the IR commands. I would say it is not easy to setup. The biggest challenge for me was to get all the IR- and RF-commands. I managed doing this via “Python broadlink”; but this is definitely not easy.
2. You have to retrieve the IR- and RF-commands and store them in a text file. This textfile has to be copied to your OpenHAB and the broadlink binding will read the commands from this file.
3. Yes, I control my roller shutters this way. As said before: The biggest challenge was getting the RF-Commands.

1 Like