Broadlink RM Mini 3 infrared bridge

Hi everyone!

I follow this tutorial, but it’s not doing anything. Anyone can help me?

• TCP/UDP binding installed
  • tcp.cfg configured (postamble= and charset=ISO-8859-1)

sitemap:

{ Switch item=test }

items:

Switch test "TESZT" (Appliance) {  
udp=">[ON:192.168.0.39:80:'MAP(blackbean1.map)'],
     >[OFF:192.168.0.39:80:'MAP(blackbean1.map)']"}

map:

ON:\u0026\u0000\u00d2\u0000...
OFF:\u0026\u0000\u00d2\u0000...

I’m just guessing from looking at my own tinkerings in that direction (mine now works on OH2) and I’d suggest perhaps copying tcp.cfg and renaming it to udp.cfg

Hi, thans for your help!

I’m tried, but still nothing happen…

what’s the content of udp.cfg?

Here it is:

# all parameters can be applied to both the TCP and UDP binding unless
# specified otherwise

# Port to listen for incoming connections
#port=25001

# Cron-like string to reconnect remote ends, e.g for unstable connection or remote ends
#reconnectcron=0 0 0 * * ?

# Interval between reconnection attempts when recovering from a communication error,
# in seconds
#retryinterval=5

# Queue data whilst recovering from a connection problem (TCP only)
#queue=true

# Maximum buffer size whilst reading incoming data
#buffersize=1024

# Share connections within the Item binding configurations
#itemsharedconnections=true

# Share connections between Item binding configurations
#bindingsharedconnections=true

# Share connections between inbound and outbound connections
#directionssharedconnections=false

# Allow masks in ip:port addressing, e.g. 192.168.0.1:* etc
#addressmask=true

# Pre-amble that will be put in front of data being sent
#preamble=

# Post-amble that will be appended to data being sent
#postamble=\r\n
postamble=

# Perform all write/read (send/receive) operations in a blocking mode, e.g. the binding
# will wait for a reply from the remote end after data has been sent
#blocking=false

# timeout, in milliseconds, to wait for a reply when initiating a blocking write/read
#  operation
#timeout=3000

# Update the status of Items using the response received from the remote end (if the
# remote end sends replies to commands)
#updatewithresponse=true

# Timeout - or 'refresh interval', in milliseconds, of the worker thread
#refreshinterval=250

# Timeout, in milliseconds, to wait when "Selecting" IO channels ready for communication
#selecttimeout=1000

# Used character set
#charset=ASCII
charset=ISO-8859-1

Are there any relevant messages in /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log or /var/log/openhab2/events.log ?

Also I do have these lines in my tcp.cfg

udp:retryinterval=5
udp:charset=ISO-8859-1

However I assume they’re just leftovers from earlier experiments.

Also, I don’t set my postamble

This will not work, as for openHAB2 you have to use two configuration files, one for tcp, the other for udp. You don’t have to use neither a prefix udp: nor tcp:, because this is built from file name.
Maybe openHAB2 is smart enough to ignore the prefix. In openHAB1 you would have used the prefix, because there is only one configuration file openhab.cfg

There is a bug in tcp/udp binding, which prevents the startup of the binding if there is no option set through [tcp|udp].cfg, but I’m not aware of any limitations, which option has to be set.

@SzilagyiR I’m pretty sure that postamble=<empty> will not work as expected, because an option can’t be unset through the configuration file. Take a look at the karaf console. login with

ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101

password is habopen. Then

config:edit org.openhab.udp
config:property-list

If there is no option postamble=<empty> you can try to set this by using config:property-append postamble = but maybe this won’t work either.

events.log

nothing…

openhab.log

2017-05-24 08:38:45.337 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The maximum buffer will be set to the default value of 1024
2017-05-24 08:38:45.341 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The cron job to reset connections will be set to the default value of 0 0 0 * * ?
2017-05-24 08:38:45.342 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The port to listen for incoming connections will be set to the default value of 0
2017-05-24 08:38:45.344 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The setting to share channels within an Item will be set to the default value of true
2017-05-24 08:38:45.346 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The setting to share channels between the items with the same direction will be set to the default vaulue of true
2017-05-24 08:38:45.347 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The setting to share channels between directions will be set to the default vaulue of true
2017-05-24 08:38:45.348 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The setting to use address masks for incoming connections will be set to the default value of true
2017-05-24 08:38:45.350 [INFO ] [g.tcp.AbstractDatagramChannelBinding] - The refresh interval of the worker thread will be set to the default value of 250

config:

Hmm. I’ve just been poking around my config, and I noticed in /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg I’m activating binding tcp1. I’m not sure if there’s also a 2.0 binding, however my working instance is using that old version.

I’m trieing to use openHAB 2.0, and this binding.

No, there is no tcp2 binding yet :slight_smile:

please folow this link it may help you…