bTicino cheaper gateway L4686SDK, F455 for 130 euro, MH201 for 52 euro

@gozilla01
For the rules I use the binding rule engine. Could this be the problem?
I repeat my situation.
Therefore I use the cenplus as a terminal of a rule the openwebnet system does not perform the action. The cen plus works only in cases where it is he who activates the rule.

I cannot understand the meaning of ā€œYou can replace the use of the art F422. Clearly you have to install a power supply for each MH201 and each must have a dedicated busā€.

What is the relation of MH201 to the SCS-SCS bridge F422 ?
I think MH201 cannot act as a bridge

@efa
The F422 art, as you well know, is used above all on large systems where the SCS address limit is exceeded. Using multiple gateways with a dedicated power supply, you can generate multiple autonomous systems that communicate on the LAN, replacing the old logical configuration.
In this way, you streamline the system and do not overload the system. I hope I was clear.

@example.
rule 1
When I change a switch status from off to on, send command cen button 1 PRESSED.

Prior to this, I configured this way with mh201.
Scenario name:
20 degree manual winter scenery.
Start scenario:
Command button cen button 1
Action:
Manual winter thermoregulation 20 degrees.

Result:
When I activate rule 1 even if openhab tells me that button 2 is PRESSED the scs bus does not give signals and the thermostat remains unchanged.

If, on the other hand, I physically go to the cen button, everything works.
mahhh

@roboliv
OK I know what is the function of the F422, it is a bridge between a SCS bus and another SCS bus.
You say ā€œreplace the use of the art F422ā€. What is the relation to a gateway between SCS and Ethernet like the MH201?
I think a gateway like MH201 cannot act as a bridge like F422, Iā€™m wrong?

If youā€™re wrong, Iā€™ve already done this function on systems where I managed lights and shutters.
To give you an example from a command of bus 2 I can activate a bus actuator 1.
At the moment I only tested these two functions.
Michele is adding to the binding and I am also awaiting further confirmation.
Greetings

A F422 bridge has two SCS ports, one is INput and the other is OUTput.
How do you connect two SCS buses to a gateway like MH201 that has only one SCS port?

@efa
Hi Valerio, maybe I wasnā€™t clear in my explanation.
You need to remove the F422 from the system (clearly I refer to the gray bus that manages lights, roller shutters, temperature control and load management).
So by removing the F422 art you will have 2 bus cables with 2 autonomous power supplies. If on every bus
install a MH201 or in general any Bticino Gateway , you will be able to manage the two systems as if it were one only even if they are completely separated.Clear ???
The two systems communicate with each other thanks to the LAN network with TCP-IP protocol. Clear???

OK, so you had to use two gateway MH201 instead of a single bridge F422, now it is clear.

@efa
yes, but Mh201 also works as a webserver.
So I saved a lot of money.

@gozilla01
rule 1
When I change a switch status from off to on, send command cen button 1 PRESSED.

Prior to this, I configured this way with mh201.
Scenario name:
20 degree manual winter scenery.
Start scenario:
Command button cen button 1
Action:
Manual winter thermoregulation 20 degrees.

Result:
When I activate rule 1 even if openhab tells me that button 2 is PRESSED the scs bus does not give signals and the thermostat remains unchanged.

If, on the other hand, I physically go to the cen button, everything works.
mahhh

Next days I run tests, Iā€™ll let you know

Ok thank

@gozilla01
@massi
Hi Michele, I wanted to let you know that I have tested Mh201 and have been working without problems for days.
Tested systems:
Lights, Shutters, Temperature Control, Groups, cen and cen plus scenarios.
Then indirectly (thanks to F420) I integrated in the Openhab app also the burglar alarm with a 3486 control unit. In order to arm and disarm the alarm via the Openhab app I used the scs aux channels and the Mh201 programming via myhomesuite.
Greetings

Perfect

hello!
Iā€™m a new usere and I want to use openhab with a MH201: after ip lan , have I to confiugre all the object (F411,F430,HD469 and HD4692) in the MH201 or openhab binding can discover them?
and MH201 can be also a webserver to control my home?

nb: are you italian? if yes, is there a way to speack in italian here?

Hi, I can confirm that you can use the MH201 as a gateway.
For the programming of openhab you should write the file thing and the item file. So do not use the simplex mode. Often it can happen that the system hangs.

thanks!
So Iā€™ll buy the mh201 and than? Iā€™ll configure IP lan and I have to configure all may object in MyHOME Suite? and than on the openhab?
now my home is phisically configuredā€¦

the MH201 has a web interface? what can I do in the web interface?

Ti rispondo in Italiano.
Ciao, il myhomesuite non lo prendere in considerazione.
Basta la configurazione fisica.
Poi scrivi il file item e thing.
Mh201 funziona come gateway.

English please, this is an international community. The audience here is rarely speaking italian.

1 Like