BTicino - myHome Suite software nowhere to be found - help

Dear Forum members,

First of all, let me say I am a newby here --just found out about this forum yesterday and was very impressed with all that you were doing as I did not know OpenHAB or the myHome Suite software existed, so I would like to thank you all for your efforts, and would also like to ask you if you can either upload or provide a link so I can download the myHome Suite Software as I searched high and low but was totally unable to locate it anywhere on the internet yesterday. The BTicino website redirects to the Legrand site, which lands in a page where there is only the description of the requirements for myHome Suite, but there is absolutely no link working that leads to an effective software download.

Following I will tell you all a little about my so far terrible experience with BTicino.

In 2011 I embarked on a rehabilitation project and looked for an electrician to set the following goals rolling in the house in order to contribute to a lower energy consumption, therefore a better environment:
.- Room lighting (except in bedrooms, where there would be no automation) had to turn itself off 15min after the last presence was detected.
.- When the pellet boiler was operating, temperature demand had to go from a standard comfort of 22ªC down to 21ºC 15min after the last human presence was detected. I had to be allowed to go down up until 20ºC if the card was out (see next point), and when the card was in it had to go up to 23ºC from 15:00 to 23:00 hours if presence was detected. These scenarios had to include the possibility of overrinding them (I was told I would use a touch screen for this) when I set fire to an Edilkamin water-connected heating stove as the Edilkaminn does not provide temperature control (once lit it works just like a traditional fireplace but is connected to the water in the radiators, so in order to prevent the heating water from occasionally boiling the scenarios would have to be deactivated thus removing the upper 23ºC temp limit).
.- On arrival, guests would have to insert a card into a card slot at the entrance to the living room in order to for all the lighting system to activate. Removing the card would switch all lights off.
Simple, wasn’t it?

At the time, I was pretty busy doing other things and I thought this was going to be pretty straightforward so I asked an electrician to take care of it and he recommended setting up a BTicino mixed system, in which actuators were going to be configured physically (using jumpers) and motion sensors virtually. Temperatures were going to be controlled by a BT Thermoregulation unit + BT MH200N for scenarios (should they become necessary) + BT Touchscreen 4060 (not sure about the exact number) to manage the systems adjustments (for example removing the 23ºC temp upper limit when an Edilkaminn water-heating firestove was operating in order to prevent water from boiling inside it) from and adjacent house. I was promised this mixed system would have all the bells and whistles in order to do that simple job flawlessly.
What was my surprise, when I realised the most simple of the principles I’d set did not work at all. Expected temperatures were not consistent with time or conditions (card in or out) set, scenarios produced erratic results, temperature readings through the touch screen seem to take forever to update unless I press on the Thermoregulation Unit zone states, and worst of all, there is no way I can see whether a scenario is activated or not on the touchscreen (is there a way to do this?).

Only two years ago I decided to devote what took about a month of trial and error in order to learn how the BTcino logic worked as documentation was either crap or non-existing, and managed to get the scenarios to work.

My frustration is now compounded as the motion sensors I have are BT 48823 and BMSE 2005 and 2006 units, one of the 48823 has already stopped working, and there are no replacements available anywhere to be bought.

There is one particularly big living-room in the house where the wiring is shared with an adjacent kitchen and I would like to have the lights controlled by presence so that when there’s either presence either in the kitchen or the living room the lights don’t go off in either room but when there’s none they should both go off in both rooms. The trouble is I have two BMSE 2005 sensors configured virtually (remember they are also in charge of the heating scenarios) in the living-room but in the kitchen the pre-installation can only accommodate an HD4610 wall motion sensor. Since I would like the three sensors to work together (group) only insofar as the lighting control is concerned, I would like to read all the configurations present and this is why I read in this forum that a good starting point will be by getting the .plant files. However, I have no myHome Suite software and I cannot find it on the internet. Could anyone here provide it so I have a good starting point?

Thank you all in advance!

• Platform information: Lenovo laptop
    • Hardware: i7/16GB/1T Samsung SSD
    • Java Runtime Environment: Java 11
    • openHAB version: rockie, haven’t installed it yet
  • Issue of the topic: Would need a link from which to download the myHome Suite software as it not available anywhere on the internet.
  • Please post configurations (if applicable): MH200N
    • Items configuration related to the issue: Partly physical config with jumpers, partly motion sensors configured virtually.
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

I can’t help with that but I’ve tagged your post with btcino tags which I hope will get the attention of the right people. You might consider adding btcino to your title as well so people know what the post is related to.

Good luck!

Hello Rich,

Very kind of you. Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Roberts

Hi @JPRoberts and welcome to the community!

From your description it looks like your home and target scenarios would benefit a lot from adding openHAB to integrate with the BUS system.

I suggest you search better this forum for kewords like “bticino” or “openwebnet” or “myhome suite”.
You will find lots of info!

In particular there is a thread about BTicino hw with a lot of folks really experts on BTicino hardware and MyHOME Suite sw, you may try to ask here:

Dear Massimo,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I am sure openHAB is the way to go. However, from what I read in the link you provided, I will have to get hold of the .plant files first, which apparently can only be done with myHome Suite softw., which is nowhere to be found on the internet anymore.

I did not want to sound like a troll, asking for this software in the middle of the thread you suggested but with your permission I will do so.

Best regards,

Roberts

https://www.homesystems-legrandgroup.com/

There you get the software, also got it from this site.

I got it there :slight_smile:
https://www.homesystems-legrandgroup.com/home?p_p_id=it_smc_bticino_homesystems_search_AutocompletesearchPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_it_smc_bticino_homesystems_search_AutocompletesearchPortlet_journalArticleId=2493426&_it_smc_bticino_homesystems_search_AutocompletesearchPortlet_mvcPath=%2Fview_journal_article_content.jsp