[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Hi everyone, thanks @massi for your support! I decided to instal OH3 only to integrate my my home scs with melcloud Mitsubishi also without driver.
I was really surprise that the new 3.0.0 does not support thermostat but then I realized the great work your are doing here.
Is there any possibility to have a full integration in OH3 in few month? Could I support you in any way?

Hallo,

as announced by Kai, OH 3.1.0 Milestone 3 is now out and this release brings the following improvements to the OpenWebNet binding:

• Added support for Energy Meter (WHO=18) (PR #10191) - thanks to @aconte80 for the excellent contribution here!
  • OPEN password nonce with less than 7 digits are now supported (fixes #10242)
  • commands sent one after the other are now executed correctly (fixes #10298): @bastler, @cybermcm, @psk, @AEM, @mrteo90 thanks for reporting the issue. Check if your rules work better now and let me know

As other updates I can say:

• Thermo (WHO=4) is under development… available spare time is always the big issue… so no finish date estimation for the moment
  • I am working to introduce sending generic OpenWebNet messages from OH rules
4 Likes

Hi @Dade, welcome to the community.
I can confirm Thermo is already under development for OH 3.1. Your support will be useful by testing it when a first version is available.

1 Like

This could be implemented by allowing sending generic OpenWebNet messages from rules.
I have opened this new issue:

2 Likes

Grande Massi!!!
When Who 4 and generic messages will be available, I’m happy to test them!

2 Likes

just want to report a very early feedback:
installed oh3.1.0m3 yesterday and until now the problem regarding “commands sent one after the other…” did not appear any more, great!
now i can stay on oh3, no need to use oh2.5 any longer, thank you @massi

just want to note that it seems that on reboot items (lights, dimmers, sockets) do no state-request. ok, this could be done with persistence, but then not 100% save to be correct, even not possible for new added items. just want to recommend if its possible/usefull to do a state-request on reboot?

this has been already requested here in this issue.
You can subscribe to this issue to see when it’s solved.

1 Like

i test new feature energy meter , it is discovery ok but the misure is 0.

After if i can ask new implemetation dry contact on OH3.

TKS

Welcome @1archy to the communuity!

Can you activate debug level logs (see OH manuals):
from Karaf console:

• log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.openwebnet
  • log:set DEBUG org.openwebnet4j

remove the discovered energy meters, start a new discovery then add them back and post the logs here (using code fences)

I’ve been using OH 3.1 M3 since 10 days a I confirm the bug seems to be solved. Every rule with multiple commands as well as group commands work perfectly now.

Thank you for the great work Massi.

Hello to evrybody. I have last openHABIAN vith OH3.0.1 and openwebnet binding, but i’m not able to see " bus_energy_meter" when I try to add thing. I already configured all lights with “bus_on_off_switch” but new version of binding is not installed and I cant’t see enrgy measuring device like F520 and F521 I have on my plant…some ideas? thanks, Simone

@tebraxin: you are using version 3.0.1, the new feature will be available in 3.1 which isn’t available by now in its final version…

Correct: @tebraxin you can find Energy support on OpenWebNet from 3.1M3 only.
But you can chose from the openHabian config tool to upgrade to Milestone release instead of Stable. Is a bit risky but you will have the latest Milestone release installed

funziona !!!
ho aggiornato OH3 alla 3.1 M3 e vedo le linee energia !!
ora mi ci metto a configurarle…vi aggiorno
G R A Z I E

Hi everyone, I did some tests. In OH3, the values ​​shown relating to F520 / 1 are actually updated correctly only if, for example, I query them through the app on the phone, otherwise the value 25W is always shown. I tried with the profiles std, default and no profile, also adding the “autoupdate” metadata but the results are always the same. Am I wrong, do you have the same response? thank you

@1archy , @tebraxin there is a bug in the Energy part, a correction is already work in progress, you can track it here

Hello everybody. A year ago I started configuring my bticino my home system with server F454 with Openhab 2.5.4, Bticino binding by Massi and loaded on Raspberry Pi 4. I configured it with Alexa and it always worked well. I had also done the Jebu patch n ° 2.5.0-M3 which temporarily solved the problem of expiration of the date. It has always worked until a few days ago. Now in Openhab on the Paper UI server F454 gives the error “offline - communicatione_error” and the lights and shutters have the error “offline - bridge_offline”.
What should I do?
Thank you all

perhaps the jebu patch expired. as you can see here:

there is a last version of the old binding without any support - you can try to install, or use the new binding witch supports light, automation and energy.

Thank you. Where can I find the new binding?

you can easily install it in the ui under “bindings”. in the description you can read what works already. if you have a file-based config (*.things and *.items) you can use it for the new binding.

i think it would be better to remove the old binding bevore although it doesent work, better delete the *.jar file from addons folder.