I’m happy to announce the first version of the new BTicino (Legrand) / OpenWebNet binding for openHAB 2.
This is the first known openHAB 2 binding for BTicino/Legrand gateways and devices to support both BUS/SCS and BTicino ZigBee (using USB dongle).
are supported so far; other functionalities/devices will be added soon - hopefully with your help.
The final goal is to integrate all the functionalities available in the 1.x version of the BTicino binding.
Please test it in your environment and give me your feedback !
- first openHAB 2 binding to support BUS/SCS gw and devices
- auto-discovery of BUS/SCS and ZigBee devices
- BTicino BUS/SCS + ZigBee support in one single binding
- support for lights and dimmers
- support for automation (roller shutters), both on BUS and ZigBee, with position feedback and goto Percent. Auto-calibration
- auto-discovery of BTicino ZigBee USB dongle. Auto-discovery of BUS gateway in progress, help/testers needed!
- support for gateways with text passwords (HMAC authentication), like MyHOMEServer1
Since it’s still in development stage and not part of the official distribution, to install the binding copy the following JAR file to your openHAB2 addons folder (on Linux or RaspberryPi the folder is under:
- v2.4.0-b6: https://github.com/mvalla/openhab-openwebnet/releases/download/v2.4.0-b6/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.4.0-b6.jar
Also, from openHAB 2.3.0 on wards some features dependencies must be activated manually from Karaf console:
- go to Karaf console
- and if you are using openHAB 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT also type:
The binding should now be installed: check in PaperUI > Configuration > Bindings.
How to upgrade from previous release version
The previous version of the binding must be uninstalled using Karaf console (is not enough update the binding jar file).
- go to Karaf console
bundle:listto list all bundles and note the bundle id for
bundle:uninstallto remove previous version of the binding
- copy the new JAR version to
- the new version of the binding should now be installed (check from PaperUI > Configuration > Bindings, reload a couple of times if necessary)
For configuration and more details see the binding README