BTicino/Legrand Home automation general discussions: openwebnet protocol

@massi

This thread is for general discussions on BTicino/Legrand openwebnet automation, how to’s, beginner help, expert help etc. Please post here for anything other than binding specifc topics. For binding topics use links below.

Let me know if you have anything you would like to see in the list or amended e.g. broken link

Main openwebnet binding threads:

Other forums for discussion:

• BTicino’s own forum is now for installers. I have not linked it
  • Legrand community

Useful links:

Manuals, product links:

Beta testing

Advanced/Developer:

Support the project and say thanks via donations or coding

2 Likes

Great idea, M4rk, thank you!

Hi @m4rk , I have made this PHP OpenWeb lib some time ago - GitHub - michnovka/openwebnet-php . While limited, maybe you can list it under DEV links and it may serve its purpose for some. Cheers!

I relay the following post, wondering where to find or how to write a request with time cron to update the value of torus F520 more often, if anyone has an idea?

I hope not to be off topic, otherwise, great initiative this post!

Rest API ?

Yes , or python script or any way

There is a python script here

But I couldn’t get it to work :frowning:

Another approach might be to use the binding generic own command… not sure when that will be implented.

i send a mail to this guy and he reply to me , so he send me a .dev file i never use .dev file so i try to find a way

binding generic own… ? ist real ?

@massi planned to implement it but I don’t know what stage he’s at.

Python script is possible but talking about the password handshake isn’t a good idea on a public platform … so you need do a bit of research of your own

The issue is the following

1 Like

I succeeded to control my alarm with the pyton script from Francesco_Re, this way:

That item is configured as an exec:command in things and items files:

Thing exec:command:alarm_state [command="/usr/bin/python /usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master/alarm_status.py", interval=5, timeout=1, autorun=true ]

String Stato_allarme {channel=“exec:command:alarm_state:output”}

When you send a “#50##” to a gateway it passes the open command to 3486 who MUST answer following the own protocol, and the script MUST answer 0 or 1 after analizing the own answer from 3486 (0=disengaged, 1=engaged, the alarm cannot have other states if it’s active). But if the script fails to decode the own answer, it simply exit without returning neither 0 or 1 so I force the N to debug if the answer is null. But I’m not a programmer and the python script, that I downloaded from GitHub - francesco-re-1107/openwebnet-alarm: Python scripts that allow you to retrieve the openwebnet alarm status and enable/disable it is quite difficult for me to debug.

This solution could answer many guy that still have the 3486 and cannot manage it.

I was also able to use the pyton check script in a bash terminal this way:
/usr/bin/python /usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master/alarm_status.py
But I see that somewhen it asnswers correctly and somewhen it ends without returning any value, so I modify it to print the result of the command and I can see that only few times it returns a value. Is there any control on the timmout or checking the answer I can add?

I managed to request the updating of the values ​​of the “instant” energy sensors as well as total of day, total of month with Francesco’s script it works, I will post the script and rules

Tip:…Grafana heat maps are very good at showing the whole house status in one chart. Influx automatically translates ON/OFF as 1/0. I use heatmaps for monitoring lighting and heating. If Grafana math is used to scale the 1 to 100 then the heatmap also works great with dimmers(0-100) on the same chart. It should also work with blinds too but I havent tried it yet.

Here is one showing how far from the setpoint the room temperatures actually are. The red zones between 21:00 to 08:00 are when the heating targets are adjusted on a schedule to lower values by the central thermo unit.

I used this heatmap to set the circulation water temperature for the heating so that its only just hot enough for the rooms to reach their targets. This saves unccessary heating of the circulating water.

Lights and sockets

2 Likes

very thanks for this tips !

hello everyone,

@m4rk tnx for this topic, quick question,
I am a longtime bticino SCS user too,
before they closed it, I used to follow the old forum myopen almost daily.

At home, I have a fairly widespread home automation installation,
I can even control the bath remotely (timed tap to make the bath ready when you return home),

I am about to install 3 roof windows and some awnings,
but they need to close automatically in case of rain / wind,

I already have an MH200N, MH202, F454, myhomeserver1,
various available sensors 3477 and 3476,
I was reading somewhere in the internet that some good rain / wind sensors that could easily interface with the bticino system are the ones produced by schalk,
GSW 4 + SW 4 for the wind,
and GSR 2 + SR 1 for rain,

Is that enough to isolate the contact I need to intercept the state of the wind / rain with an actuator?
Do you guys recommend anything else?
Can I go ahead with the purchase?

Thanks so much in advance for your help,
Marco

I use Schalk with contact sensors. 100% reliable for 5 years so far. I am very happy with them.

I wrote my own scenarios to control my blinds in the event of weather sensor being activated. I also use a spare BUS actuators to ‘store’ the sensor states. With this approach I can use scenarios to prevent the blinds from too frequent movements using a timer to toggle the actuator back to off when the event is over. I am then able to set the sensors to be very sensitive for fast response as a storm approaches. If power is lost due the storm the system starts in ‘safe’ mode. The system then waits with the blinds up until there is definately no high winds. 30min with wind sensor not activated. I use the rain sensor also for storm protection but also to alloow more light into the rooms if its raining. Schalk light sensors are also used to control the blinds efg close a night, open if its dull outside.

My view is that the automation should be fully automatic with little to no user interaction. For this the system needs to aware of the enviroment and that means many sensor inputs, wind, rain, light levels, occupancy, alarm state, temperatures etc.

I use openHAB only for non-critical control and monitoring. It can do a lot and is always improving but the side effect that it is not as stable as my reliable but basic MH202 scenario conroller.

To complement the wind and rain sensors I also use technoline mobile-alerts sensors which I have integrated into openHAB. These give a continuos scale of values which I plot. . Search for my posts if your are intretested in that. This then helps to set and check the appropriate Schalk sensor settings.

tnx so much,

I’ll go ahead with the GSW 4 + SW 4 for the wind,
and GSR 2 + SR 1 for rain,

very expensive tho,
€750 in EU,
do you remember where u got yours 5y ago?

My installer purchased them for me. tip… make sure not to remove the plastic film over the rain sensor. it looks like a peelable protective film but its not. My installer ignored the warning label and removed it. The sensor had to be replaced!

The light sensors are also very useful.
Bright , Dark levels and using some logic you can infer a Dull state too.