BTicino/Legrand Home automation general discussions: openwebnet protocol

oh god,
ok,

just to get an idea,
if you have got some spare time on your hands,
can u plz share some screens of the scenarios you set on the MH202 (wind rain / related)?

I was thinking the same,
store the value in a F411/4 with no wind /rain contact not activated for a specific time

1 Like

Just for future reference,
found them in EU quite cheap,
GSW 4 + SW 4 for the wind,
and GSR 2 + SR 1 for rain,
total €200ish

What version of myHomeSuite software are peolple using? Mine is 3.5.15.

The software is saying there is a new version available.

i also still work with 3.5.15

i see there is 3.5.19 available but no info in the version history.

i remember when i was on 3.5.05 and switched to 3.5.15 i could not find any improvement.

Hi

I have just started with openHAB 3, using the BTicino/Openwebnet 3.3.0 binding for an existing MyHome sytem. I am gradually climbing the learning curve, but I am stuck on the thermostats. I have several of the LN4691 room thermostats linked to a F430/4 heating valve controller. The binding locates the LN4691 correctly, but only shows:

Mode
Setpoint Temperature
Temperature
Thermo Function

What I need to access is the switch output with an ON/OFF state for the associated valve. How can I do this?

PJG

i use the central 3550 and the sensors are hd4693. i did everything in textual config (things and items files)
if i check a thermo-zone in main-ui i see this channels:

• temperature
  • setpoint temperatrure
  • thermo function
  • mode
  • set fan speed

so i also miss the item that indicates if the valve is on or off. but in my items-file i have for exmaple this:

String iBad_Heizung_Aktor "Heizung heizt![]" <radiator> { channel="openwebnet:bus_thermo_zone:bticino:Bad_Heizung:actuators" }

and in the sitemap this

Text item=iBad_Heizung_Aktor labelcolor=["red"] valuecolor=["red"] visibility=[iBad_Heizung_Aktor=="ON"]

so i always see when the heating for a room is active (and only then).

Hi stefan

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to set up an item file as you suggest with the following:

String Heating_Valve_Office “Heating Office[]” { channel=“openwebnet:bus_thermo_zone:bticino:Bad_Heizung:actuators” }

The item is created and I can see it in the UI, but the Channel Link is invalid. I cannot find an actuators channel on the Bticino binding. Where did you find the channel information. Maybe the LN461 does not report this.

I have tried to find the F430/4 which is the 4 channel actuator. One channel of this is linked to the thermostat and it works correctly. However it does not appear in the automatic scan of the binding. Could I create this manually.

PJG

Sorry i am on the road actually and this makes for me hard to help.
But i suppose you dont have file based config?

If you use my items example you have to change the channel for your enviroment. The “bticino” is the name of the gateway. check in your gateway thing.

And additional info: this item only shows if heating is active or not, but it is not for you to switch on or off because is read only.

In earlier version it used to work and showed as ON/OFF state which could then be used in Grafana to generate a whole house heat map showing which zones are active. It was changed to string. I made a few posts somewhere about if during the devlopment.

After a lot of detective work, I found that the additional Channels for Heating Valves for the Thermostat thing are only visible in the UI if you check mark a small box labeled “Advanced”. :grimacing: The Actuator channel is now working with OFF and ON, but the Heating valves channel is always NULL so I can setup my rules etc with the Actuators.

Thank you both for the help and advice.

PJG

good that you sorted this out. Actually channels that are Advanced are indicated in the channels table in the binding README. Anyway I made this clearer with a not a the beginning of the table.

Hi All,

I am a completely newbie to home automation and Bticino, but moved into a house with a Bticino My Home system from 2008 and would like to master it. :slight_smile:

The first issue I have is already with connecting to the system. We have a HL 4684 touch monitor and I tried to connect it to our LAN, however it does not really connect, at least it does not try to obtain an IP address via DHCP. It seems there is also no on-screen menu that could help me troubleshoot the Ethernet connection.

Does anyone has some advice on how to solve this?

If I connect via USB, would the TiDisplayColorIP application provide me with more info on the Ethernet connection? Did not try that yet, because I have no notebook at hand right now …

Also what I did not try yet is to disconnect it from the bus and reconnect, maybe such a restart would trigger it to establish an Ethernet connection?

Is there any kind of manual that can help me with this? I found a user manual for the touch screen, but it only describes the functions available via the screen itself, not the USB/Ethernet. Then there is the general technical manual on Bticino home automation, which is useful, but also touches the USB/Ethernet connection of the touch screen very briefly.

Also tried to download the MyHome suite, but the server at https://www.homesystems-legrandgroup.com/ seems to be down …

OK, already am a step further.

First, I connected a borrowed notebook via USB. With that I could download the configuration, but not update it, I get an error that my current version 6.1 of TiColorDisplayIP is not compatible with our touch screen, and that the touch screen needs a firmware upgrade for that to work.

There is IP configuration, and it was configured with a static IP, so that is probably the reason why the Ethernet connection did not work as I expected. There is also an option to switch to DHCP, but again, I could not upload that new configuration.

Then I found a very old mini notebook that seems to have been setup for the purpose of configuring the touch screen, and it has TiColorDisplayIP 1.0 installed. With that one it worked, I could download and upload the configuration. However that software version did not allow me to change the IP setting.

On the Internet I can neither find a new firmware for the device nor a download for the older version of TiColorDisplayIP so that I can install that one on newer devices. So it seems I am stuck with that old mini notebook.

But in any case, I think my expectation was wrong. I thought with the connection to the touch screen I can configure the system itself, but it seems I can only configure the touch screen and what it displays.

So from that I have a few questions:

• Does anyone has a link or can maybe provide me with a newer firmware for the H/L 4684 (currently 3.0.16)?
  • Does anyone has a link or can maybe provide me with an older installation file of TiColorDisplayIP?

And most importantly:

• If I want to configure the system itself from my PC, e.g. assignment of switches to lights or change scenarios, what do I need? It seems there is a current device called MyHome Server 1, would that work with my older components such as the F411/2 actors?

as far as i know you can either use myhome suite to configure or the myhome server (this is the new kind of configuring).
i do not have a myhome server, i work with the myhome suite and have configured my mh200n as a gateway (also other devices are possible).
i do not know your 4684, but i see in myhomesuite you can “change” the setup to your firmware, see pic.

1 Like

That looks very interesting, thanks a lot. I will try the MyHome Suite then. Not sure though if my 4684 can act as gateway though, but first I have to see if I can use the MyHome Suite to connect to the 4684 via USB and configure it to even talk to the Ethernet.

Edit: cannot add new replies due to my status as new user, so adding an update here:

Made some progress!

The MyHome Suite itself relies on TiColorDisplayIP for configuration of the color display, however it offers a download of the version that matches the firmware and I was able to obtain an installation file for TiColorDisplayIP 1.1 this way.

Also I found the current firmware 6.0.11 on the Legrand server. The update via TiColorDisplayIP 1.0 and 1.1 did not work, they reported the firmware file to be not valid, however then I tried to update the device with TiColorDisplay 6.1.14 and that worked well, though it took a long time.

After the firmware update also the configuration via TiColorDisplay 6.1.14 worked and I was able to switch the IP configuration of the 4684 to DHCP.

And voilà, now the display connects to the network, I can access it from the MyHome suite, and it seems to work as gateway, though the MyHome suite warns “Connected to an unofficial gateway”. A scan found many of our devices, though not all, still have to see how I get the remaining ones into the MyHome project.

@bastler, from what you write you are using an “unofficial” gateway as well, did you notice any issues/lack of functionality from that?

great you got myhomesuite work! meanwhile i rarely need to use it because everything is configured and only need it when i want to change sth or to implement a new actor.

i use my mh200n and a f454, both are tested and work for me.

some thime ago i tried to test what is different and the only difference between f454 and mh200n i have seen was that the mh200n was not able to process who=6 (door entry) what doesnt touch me.

i also tested a f455 and this gateway was not able to process who=14 (actuators lock), who=15 (cen) and who=16 (sound) - that was not acceptable for me.

Thanks, @bastler, for your response, and also your support in our private conversation!

So my status is now that I was able to load the system configuration into the MyHome Suite via a scan, but updating the configuration does not work.

Currently my system is setup for physical configuration. For testing this, I removed all the configurators from a L4652/2 switch and restarted it by removing it and reconnecting it to the bus.

On the MyHome Suite side I tried both importing the switch from a scan or manually creating it from the catalogue, setting it to Virtual configuration mode instead of physical. In both instances the “Send configuration” option in the context menu of the device is greyed out. I can choose “Send configuration by button”, either in the context menu of the device or in the “Configure” menu up top. Also “Send configuration to every device” is available. However all three options result in a “1 device did not respond” error.

Maybe someone has an idea what I might be doing wrong?

That the “Send configuration” entry in the context menu is greyed out seems to indicate that the MyHome Suite already knows there is an issue, but I am not sure what it is.

Maybe it is a limitation of the H/L 4684 acting as gateway? Has anyone else here tried to use a 4684 as gateway for the MyHome Suite?

Problem solved already - it works when I set the device to “Advanced” configuration mode instead of “Virtual”. Then the “Send configuration” option in the context menu becomes active, and it also works to update the switch with the configuration. :partying_face:

So for now everything seems to work as expected, and I’ll work on bringing the whole system into the MyHome Suite. I am sure I’ll be back with questions soon. :wink:

So, I already have my first follow-up question to the community.

My system uses F411/2 actuators, in what seems to be two different hardware revisions. Only the newer ones come with an ID printed on them, the older ones only have a sticker on their side with a five character long alpha-numerical code labeled VIRT.

Only the newer ones with the ID have been detected by the MyHome Suite when scanning the system.

My question now is: do I have a chance to also configure the older ones with the MyHome Suite, and if yes, how? Or do these older revisions simply only support the physical configuration via configurators?

Here two images of the different revisions:

try removing the resitors the green ones and then add it to in software by finding with press they do support virtual configuration. also for the old ones remove the jumpers and note the same adress in myhome. Makes your life easier

1 Like